Kingdoms of Amalur demo arrives with Mass Effect 3 bonuses
EA has launched a demo of Kingdoms of Amalur which unlocks a selection of crossover content with Mass Effect 3.
The demo gives a taste of the richness and depth of 38 Studios' debut RPG that blends a look and feel similar to Fable with the depth and complexity inspired by The Elder Scrolls series.
Playing the demo right through to its conclusion also provides a couple of bonus items for Mass Effect 3 Reckoner Knight Armour which boosts Shepard's melee damage and the speed of weapon projectiles and the Chakram Launcher which fires lightweight explosive disc-shaped projectiles. Both items are designed by Spawn creator Todd McFarlane.
The crossover will continue with an upcoming demo for Mass Effect 3 which will include unlocks for a suit of N7 Armour and Omniblade Daggers based on Shepard's Omnitool for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
38 Studios' founder Curt Schilling said: "We are thrilled to have the opportunity to deliver this massive one-two punch with Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Mass Effect 3. We wanted to provide fans of the Mass Effect franchise with a unique set of rewards for diving into the expansive universe of Reckoning."
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto