Kingdoms of Amalur demo arrives with Mass Effect 3 bonuses
EA has launched a demo of Kingdoms of Amalur which unlocks a selection of crossover content with Mass Effect 3.
The demo gives a taste of the richness and depth of 38 Studios' debut RPG that blends a look and feel similar to Fable with the depth and complexity inspired by The Elder Scrolls series.
Playing the demo right through to its conclusion also provides a couple of bonus items for Mass Effect 3 Reckoner Knight Armour which boosts Shepard's melee damage and the speed of weapon projectiles and the Chakram Launcher which fires lightweight explosive disc-shaped projectiles. Both items are designed by Spawn creator Todd McFarlane.
The crossover will continue with an upcoming demo for Mass Effect 3 which will include unlocks for a suit of N7 Armour and Omniblade Daggers based on Shepard's Omnitool for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
38 Studios' founder Curt Schilling said: "We are thrilled to have the opportunity to deliver this massive one-two punch with Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Mass Effect 3. We wanted to provide fans of the Mass Effect franchise with a unique set of rewards for diving into the expansive universe of Reckoning."
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One
- Indie dev threatens Gabe Newell after a minor error at his game's Steam launch, game gets pulled from Steam
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities