Kingdoms of Amalur demo arrives with Mass Effect 3 bonuses
EA has launched a demo of Kingdoms of Amalur which unlocks a selection of crossover content with Mass Effect 3.
The demo gives a taste of the richness and depth of 38 Studios' debut RPG that blends a look and feel similar to Fable with the depth and complexity inspired by The Elder Scrolls series.
Playing the demo right through to its conclusion also provides a couple of bonus items for Mass Effect 3 Reckoner Knight Armour which boosts Shepard's melee damage and the speed of weapon projectiles and the Chakram Launcher which fires lightweight explosive disc-shaped projectiles. Both items are designed by Spawn creator Todd McFarlane.
The crossover will continue with an upcoming demo for Mass Effect 3 which will include unlocks for a suit of N7 Armour and Omniblade Daggers based on Shepard's Omnitool for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
38 Studios' founder Curt Schilling said: "We are thrilled to have the opportunity to deliver this massive one-two punch with Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Mass Effect 3. We wanted to provide fans of the Mass Effect franchise with a unique set of rewards for diving into the expansive universe of Reckoning."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny