Kingdoms of Amalur demo arrives with Mass Effect 3 bonuses
EA has launched a demo of Kingdoms of Amalur which unlocks a selection of crossover content with Mass Effect 3.
The demo gives a taste of the richness and depth of 38 Studios' debut RPG that blends a look and feel similar to Fable with the depth and complexity inspired by The Elder Scrolls series.
Playing the demo right through to its conclusion also provides a couple of bonus items for Mass Effect 3 Reckoner Knight Armour which boosts Shepard's melee damage and the speed of weapon projectiles and the Chakram Launcher which fires lightweight explosive disc-shaped projectiles. Both items are designed by Spawn creator Todd McFarlane.
The crossover will continue with an upcoming demo for Mass Effect 3 which will include unlocks for a suit of N7 Armour and Omniblade Daggers based on Shepard's Omnitool for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
38 Studios' founder Curt Schilling said: "We are thrilled to have the opportunity to deliver this massive one-two punch with Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Mass Effect 3. We wanted to provide fans of the Mass Effect franchise with a unique set of rewards for diving into the expansive universe of Reckoning."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer