Kingdoms of Amalur demo arrives with Mass Effect 3 bonuses
EA has launched a demo of Kingdoms of Amalur which unlocks a selection of crossover content with Mass Effect 3.
The demo gives a taste of the richness and depth of 38 Studios' debut RPG that blends a look and feel similar to Fable with the depth and complexity inspired by The Elder Scrolls series.
Playing the demo right through to its conclusion also provides a couple of bonus items for Mass Effect 3 Reckoner Knight Armour which boosts Shepard's melee damage and the speed of weapon projectiles and the Chakram Launcher which fires lightweight explosive disc-shaped projectiles. Both items are designed by Spawn creator Todd McFarlane.
The crossover will continue with an upcoming demo for Mass Effect 3 which will include unlocks for a suit of N7 Armour and Omniblade Daggers based on Shepard's Omnitool for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
38 Studios' founder Curt Schilling said: "We are thrilled to have the opportunity to deliver this massive one-two punch with Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Mass Effect 3. We wanted to provide fans of the Mass Effect franchise with a unique set of rewards for diving into the expansive universe of Reckoning."
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes