Final Fantasy XIII-2 demo becomes a reality
Square Enix has launched a demo of the next installment in their ironically long-running Final Fantasy RPG series.
The demo pits main characters Noel and Serah against a massive enemy called Atlas who appeared due to a strange anomaly in space and time. The sequence will give players a chance to try out the refined battles system and enjoy the more cinematic action sequences.
Also available to experiment with is the new Monster Recruitment System which allows FF XIII-2 players to have defeated enemies join their party and develop alongside other party members.
Yoshinori Kitase, the game's producer said: "The Final Fantasy XIII-2 demo provides an excellent opportunity for players to try out the evolved battle system and fully explore an entire area of the game. We are very pleased to give our fans the chance to see the multitude of game improvements for themselves."
The demo of Final Fantasy XIII-2 is available to download from today on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One