Final Fantasy XIII-2 demo becomes a reality
Square Enix has launched a demo of the next installment in their ironically long-running Final Fantasy RPG series.
The demo pits main characters Noel and Serah against a massive enemy called Atlas who appeared due to a strange anomaly in space and time. The sequence will give players a chance to try out the refined battles system and enjoy the more cinematic action sequences.
Also available to experiment with is the new Monster Recruitment System which allows FF XIII-2 players to have defeated enemies join their party and develop alongside other party members.
Yoshinori Kitase, the game's producer said: "The Final Fantasy XIII-2 demo provides an excellent opportunity for players to try out the evolved battle system and fully explore an entire area of the game. We are very pleased to give our fans the chance to see the multitude of game improvements for themselves."
The demo of Final Fantasy XIII-2 is available to download from today on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3