Activision announces 9 months worth of DLC for Modern Warfare 3
Activision has outlined their plans for the downloadable content to be released for Modern Warfare 3 over the next nine months.
Xbox 360 Call of Duty Elite subscribers will get their hands on the DLC first with around 20 content drops planned for Premium Elite subscribers in the next nine months. The same content will arrive on PS3 and PC at slightly later dates.
The content will include Special Ops missions, multiplayer maps new game modes and more and will also be available to buy in MW3 Content Collections for those who haven't signed up for the Premium Call of Duty Elite service.
Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirschberg said: "The mammoth launch of Modern Warfare 3 and the breakout success of Call of Duty Elite were just the beginning. Call of Duty Elite provides an 'always-on' connection to our fanbase, and the MW3 Content Season is the ultimate way to demonstrate our ongoing commitment to the Call of Duty community and provide tremendous value to Call of Duty Elite premium members. With the Call of Duty: MW3 Content Season for Call of Duty Elite we are delivering on our promise of more new content, more often, and with more variety than ever. With three studios collaborating on the first season, the breadth and depth of material on tap is truly extraordinary. It's rare you can successfully execute both quantity and quality, but thanks to the expertise of our developers, the reach of Call of Duty Elite and the passion of our fans, we intend to deliver."
The content will begin arriving on Xbox Live from January the 24th and will appear at regular intervals right up until September.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto