Ghost Recon: Future Soldier slips to May
Ubisoft's preliminary financial report for the third quarter of the 2011-2012 financial year has revealed some bad news for Ghost Recon fans.
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier was expected to be released this March but the report has confirmed that it will now slip into the first quarter of the 2012-2013 financial year.
This is yet another delay to the long-awaited title which was originally revealed at E3 in 2010. It is believed that the delays are primarily caused by the inclusion of extensive Kinect features in the Gunsmith weapon customisation mode.
The report stated: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier will now be released in the first quarter of fiscal 2012-13 instead of the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011-12. These extra few months will allow Ubisoft's creative teams more time to refine the experience and deliver a game that fully achieves the level of excellence that defines the Ghost Recon franchise.
The new date set for it is May the 25th. Hopefully it will be something really special when it finally does launch.
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15