Ghost Recon: Future Soldier slips to May
Ubisoft's preliminary financial report for the third quarter of the 2011-2012 financial year has revealed some bad news for Ghost Recon fans.
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier was expected to be released this March but the report has confirmed that it will now slip into the first quarter of the 2012-2013 financial year.
This is yet another delay to the long-awaited title which was originally revealed at E3 in 2010. It is believed that the delays are primarily caused by the inclusion of extensive Kinect features in the Gunsmith weapon customisation mode.
The report stated: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier will now be released in the first quarter of fiscal 2012-13 instead of the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011-12. These extra few months will allow Ubisoft's creative teams more time to refine the experience and deliver a game that fully achieves the level of excellence that defines the Ghost Recon franchise.
The new date set for it is May the 25th. Hopefully it will be something really special when it finally does launch.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3