Ghost Recon: Future Soldier slips to May
Ubisoft's preliminary financial report for the third quarter of the 2011-2012 financial year has revealed some bad news for Ghost Recon fans.
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier was expected to be released this March but the report has confirmed that it will now slip into the first quarter of the 2012-2013 financial year.
This is yet another delay to the long-awaited title which was originally revealed at E3 in 2010. It is believed that the delays are primarily caused by the inclusion of extensive Kinect features in the Gunsmith weapon customisation mode.
The report stated: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier will now be released in the first quarter of fiscal 2012-13 instead of the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011-12. These extra few months will allow Ubisoft's creative teams more time to refine the experience and deliver a game that fully achieves the level of excellence that defines the Ghost Recon franchise.
The new date set for it is May the 25th. Hopefully it will be something really special when it finally does launch.
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon