iPad 3 and iPad 4 could arrive in 2012?
Strange rumours are circulating from component manufacturers that 2 new generations of iPad could be on their way in 2012.
According to the rumours the first device would launch in March and feature a new higher resolution (1536 x 2048) and improved battery life. These specifications suggest that it would be more of an iPad 2S than an iPad 3.
The next device which is estimated to arrive around October time would feature the same screen but a much more powerful processor and an array of integrated applications to compete with the array of Windows and Android powered tablets due out at the end of the year.
It's important to stress that these are unconfirmed rumours but it would be safe to assume that Apple will be releasing at least one new iteration of the iPad in 2012.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title