XBLA titles to be hosted on iOS and Android?
Ever wanted to play Super Meat Boy or Bastion on the bus but are thwarted by the fact you have an iPhone?
Well, it appears that work may be under way for iOS and Android-powered devices to host Xbox Live Arcade games.
An anonymous development source said bluntly: "Xbox is a client of ours. There's no way they'll be ignoring those other mobile platforms."
With Sony already moving into the Android market with the PlayStation Suite it would be foolish for Microsoft not to explore bringing their extensive XBLA catalogue to mobile devices outside of Windows Phone 7.
Thanks Business Insider.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release