XBLA titles to be hosted on iOS and Android?
Ever wanted to play Super Meat Boy or Bastion on the bus but are thwarted by the fact you have an iPhone?
Well, it appears that work may be under way for iOS and Android-powered devices to host Xbox Live Arcade games.
An anonymous development source said bluntly: "Xbox is a client of ours. There's no way they'll be ignoring those other mobile platforms."
With Sony already moving into the Android market with the PlayStation Suite it would be foolish for Microsoft not to explore bringing their extensive XBLA catalogue to mobile devices outside of Windows Phone 7.
Thanks Business Insider.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer