XBLA titles to be hosted on iOS and Android?
Ever wanted to play Super Meat Boy or Bastion on the bus but are thwarted by the fact you have an iPhone?
Well, it appears that work may be under way for iOS and Android-powered devices to host Xbox Live Arcade games.
An anonymous development source said bluntly: "Xbox is a client of ours. There's no way they'll be ignoring those other mobile platforms."
With Sony already moving into the Android market with the PlayStation Suite it would be foolish for Microsoft not to explore bringing their extensive XBLA catalogue to mobile devices outside of Windows Phone 7.
Thanks Business Insider.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year