Star Trek Online to go free-to-play next week
Cryptic has revealed their plans to offer Star Trek Online as a free-to-play MMO beginning next week.
The existing subscription model will continue to operate alongside the free-to-play option with subscribers becoming Gold members and getting additional features over the Silver free-to-play members.
Using a new virtual currency, Cryptic points, Silver players will be able to add bridge officers, re-spec their characters and pick up premium ships. Silver players will also have limited access to features like Fleet creation, in-game chat and mail, forums and customer service access compared with Gold players. Veteran awards and priority login will be restricted to Gold members only.
Star Trek Online will go free-to-play from January the 17th with Silver membership opening up to lapsed subscribers as well as new players.
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition