X-COM strategy revival under way at Firaxis
They revealed today that Sid Meier's Firaxis studios is working on a proper strategy revival of the series entitled X-COM: Enemy Unknown due out in the autumn on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
X-COM: Enemy Unknown will cast strategy fans back in the role of leader of X-COM, the paramilitary organisation responsible for protecting humanity against extra-terrestrial invasion with the series' trademark blend of research, resource-building and intensely atmospheric tactical combat.
Firaxis president enthused: "It's been a dream of ours to recreate X-COM with our unique creative vision. We're huge fans of the original game and it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to re-envision a game that is as beloved as X-COM. We were careful to keep X-COM: Enemy Unknown true to the elements that made X-COM such a revered game while delivering an entirely new story and gameplay experience for both die-hard X-COM fans and newcomers to the franchise."
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One