X-COM strategy revival under way at Firaxis
They revealed today that Sid Meier's Firaxis studios is working on a proper strategy revival of the series entitled X-COM: Enemy Unknown due out in the autumn on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
X-COM: Enemy Unknown will cast strategy fans back in the role of leader of X-COM, the paramilitary organisation responsible for protecting humanity against extra-terrestrial invasion with the series' trademark blend of research, resource-building and intensely atmospheric tactical combat.
Firaxis president enthused: "It's been a dream of ours to recreate X-COM with our unique creative vision. We're huge fans of the original game and it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to re-envision a game that is as beloved as X-COM. We were careful to keep X-COM: Enemy Unknown true to the elements that made X-COM such a revered game while delivering an entirely new story and gameplay experience for both die-hard X-COM fans and newcomers to the franchise."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey