X-COM strategy revival under way at Firaxis
They revealed today that Sid Meier's Firaxis studios is working on a proper strategy revival of the series entitled X-COM: Enemy Unknown due out in the autumn on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
X-COM: Enemy Unknown will cast strategy fans back in the role of leader of X-COM, the paramilitary organisation responsible for protecting humanity against extra-terrestrial invasion with the series' trademark blend of research, resource-building and intensely atmospheric tactical combat.
Firaxis president enthused: "It's been a dream of ours to recreate X-COM with our unique creative vision. We're huge fans of the original game and it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to re-envision a game that is as beloved as X-COM. We were careful to keep X-COM: Enemy Unknown true to the elements that made X-COM such a revered game while delivering an entirely new story and gameplay experience for both die-hard X-COM fans and newcomers to the franchise."
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015