X-COM strategy revival under way at Firaxis
They revealed today that Sid Meier's Firaxis studios is working on a proper strategy revival of the series entitled X-COM: Enemy Unknown due out in the autumn on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
X-COM: Enemy Unknown will cast strategy fans back in the role of leader of X-COM, the paramilitary organisation responsible for protecting humanity against extra-terrestrial invasion with the series' trademark blend of research, resource-building and intensely atmospheric tactical combat.
Firaxis president enthused: "It's been a dream of ours to recreate X-COM with our unique creative vision. We're huge fans of the original game and it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to re-envision a game that is as beloved as X-COM. We were careful to keep X-COM: Enemy Unknown true to the elements that made X-COM such a revered game while delivering an entirely new story and gameplay experience for both die-hard X-COM fans and newcomers to the franchise."
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan