X-COM strategy revival under way at Firaxis
They revealed today that Sid Meier's Firaxis studios is working on a proper strategy revival of the series entitled X-COM: Enemy Unknown due out in the autumn on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
X-COM: Enemy Unknown will cast strategy fans back in the role of leader of X-COM, the paramilitary organisation responsible for protecting humanity against extra-terrestrial invasion with the series' trademark blend of research, resource-building and intensely atmospheric tactical combat.
Firaxis president enthused: "It's been a dream of ours to recreate X-COM with our unique creative vision. We're huge fans of the original game and it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to re-envision a game that is as beloved as X-COM. We were careful to keep X-COM: Enemy Unknown true to the elements that made X-COM such a revered game while delivering an entirely new story and gameplay experience for both die-hard X-COM fans and newcomers to the franchise."
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year