Steam hits 5 million concurrent users
Valve's all-conquering digital platform for PC and Mac has hit a new record high with 5 million concurrent users.
The beginning of the year saw 5 million PC gamers logged on to Steam playing core titles spurred on by the success of big titles like Modern Warfare 3 and Skyrim.
Unsurprisingly Skyrim was the most popular title with 50,000 users and Modern Warfare 3 came in third with 27,500 concurrent users mixing it up with Valve's big guns Counter-Strike Source and Team Fortress 2.
Steam remains the most popular digital platform with 35 million registered users and 1500 games available on the service. Since its launch with Half-Life 2 in 2003 Steam has spread onto Mac and even the PS3 with Portal 2.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015