Steam hits 5 million concurrent users
Valve's all-conquering digital platform for PC and Mac has hit a new record high with 5 million concurrent users.
The beginning of the year saw 5 million PC gamers logged on to Steam playing core titles spurred on by the success of big titles like Modern Warfare 3 and Skyrim.
Unsurprisingly Skyrim was the most popular title with 50,000 users and Modern Warfare 3 came in third with 27,500 concurrent users mixing it up with Valve's big guns Counter-Strike Source and Team Fortress 2.
Steam remains the most popular digital platform with 35 million registered users and 1500 games available on the service. Since its launch with Half-Life 2 in 2003 Steam has spread onto Mac and even the PS3 with Portal 2.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3