Steam hits 5 million concurrent users
Valve's all-conquering digital platform for PC and Mac has hit a new record high with 5 million concurrent users.
The beginning of the year saw 5 million PC gamers logged on to Steam playing core titles spurred on by the success of big titles like Modern Warfare 3 and Skyrim.
Unsurprisingly Skyrim was the most popular title with 50,000 users and Modern Warfare 3 came in third with 27,500 concurrent users mixing it up with Valve's big guns Counter-Strike Source and Team Fortress 2.
Steam remains the most popular digital platform with 35 million registered users and 1500 games available on the service. Since its launch with Half-Life 2 in 2003 Steam has spread onto Mac and even the PS3 with Portal 2.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone