Steam hits 5 million concurrent users
Valve's all-conquering digital platform for PC and Mac has hit a new record high with 5 million concurrent users.
The beginning of the year saw 5 million PC gamers logged on to Steam playing core titles spurred on by the success of big titles like Modern Warfare 3 and Skyrim.
Unsurprisingly Skyrim was the most popular title with 50,000 users and Modern Warfare 3 came in third with 27,500 concurrent users mixing it up with Valve's big guns Counter-Strike Source and Team Fortress 2.
Steam remains the most popular digital platform with 35 million registered users and 1500 games available on the service. Since its launch with Half-Life 2 in 2003 Steam has spread onto Mac and even the PS3 with Portal 2.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today