Senior DICE staff head to ngmoco Sweden
A trio of some of DICE's most experienced staff have jumped ship to go and work with social games outfit ngmoco's new Swedish studio.
The new studio run by former EA free-to-play guru Ben Cousins who spearheaded work on EA's free-to-play efforts.
Two senior programmers, Torbjrn Ldre (who worked on Battlefield 3 and Ubisoft's Far Cry 2) and Malte Hildigsson (who worked on Battlefield 3, Bulletstorm and Mirror's Edge) and senior artist Wille Wintertidh (who worked on Medal of Honor, Mirror's Edge and Ubisoft's GRAW) have all joined Cousins' new studio.
In a move that surprised many in the industry Cousins left EA's Easy Studio to open up ngmoco Sweden in June of last year.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer