Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
SEGA has announced details of the new Yakuza game that they are working on and it will be a direct entry in the series.
It's not a sequel though. Yakuza Zero is a prequel to the first game, which released on PS2 way back in 2005, and follows a 20-year-old Kazuma Kiryu and 24-year-old Majima Goro which winds the story clock back to December 1988.
At this point in time Kazuma is just a bill collector for the Tojo Clan's Dojima Family and Majima is a cabaret club manager who has turned his club around to become one of the hottest nightspots in Soutenbori, Osaka.
There's no news of a release date for Yakuza Zero as yet but SEGA reckons it's around 65 percent complete on PS4 and PS3.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like