Ken Levine salutes 2011 as "a year to be proud of"
Irrational Games boss Ken Levine has paid tribute to 2011 as one of the best years in gaming since 2007, the year we saw the likes of Portal and BioShock appear.
Levine highlighted Uncharted studio Naughty Dog, Epic and the teams that worked on Modern Warfare 3 all as developers that we can be proud of this year.
He said: "I always make time for games. That's important. If you're not playing games you're compromising your ability as a game developer to make good games. It's been an interesting year. It's the best year since - and I'm not just saying this because of my game - 2007. A lot of great games, like Portal, came out that year. It's the best year in a very long time. There have been a ton of games I've been playing. I play more games right now mostly because there's just so much good stuff to play."
The BioShock creator added: " is a year to be proud of our industry. It's a year to be proud of the Uncharted guys. It's a year to be proud of Epic. It's a year to be proud of the Call of Duty guys. It's a year to be proud of everybody because people are delivering this year in a way the industry hasn't delivered in a very long time."
After releases like Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Gears of War 3, The Witcher 2, Battlefield 3, Super Mario 3D Land, Infinity Blade II, Bastion, Batman: Arkham City and Mario Kart 7 Levine makes a very good case. Let's just hope that 2012 can live up to the standards set in 2011.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey