GameStop mistakenly tells pre-order customers The Last Guardian is cancelled
GameStop mistakenly told customers The Last Guardian in a move that may cost both GameStop and Sony money when the game finally releases.
The US games retailer explained that they made an automated call to pre-order customers stating the the game had been cancelled in error because there is still no official release date for the game as yet. They added that they will reinstate the game on the pre-order list when it has an official release date.
Larin Nixon from GameStop said: "The Last Guardian has not been cancelled by Sony as we incorrectly stated in an automated call to reservation customers. Because the game did not have a specific release date, GameStop made the decision to remove the game from our system. The Last Guardian will be reinstated for pre-order when a firm launch date is known."
GameStop gave no indication as to how they intend to secure the pre-orders lost or even how many pre-orders were affected by the mistake.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto