GameStop mistakenly tells pre-order customers The Last Guardian is cancelled
GameStop mistakenly told customers The Last Guardian in a move that may cost both GameStop and Sony money when the game finally releases.
The US games retailer explained that they made an automated call to pre-order customers stating the the game had been cancelled in error because there is still no official release date for the game as yet. They added that they will reinstate the game on the pre-order list when it has an official release date.
Larin Nixon from GameStop said: "The Last Guardian has not been cancelled by Sony as we incorrectly stated in an automated call to reservation customers. Because the game did not have a specific release date, GameStop made the decision to remove the game from our system. The Last Guardian will be reinstated for pre-order when a firm launch date is known."
GameStop gave no indication as to how they intend to secure the pre-orders lost or even how many pre-orders were affected by the mistake.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year