GameStop mistakenly tells pre-order customers The Last Guardian is cancelled
GameStop mistakenly told customers The Last Guardian in a move that may cost both GameStop and Sony money when the game finally releases.
The US games retailer explained that they made an automated call to pre-order customers stating the the game had been cancelled in error because there is still no official release date for the game as yet. They added that they will reinstate the game on the pre-order list when it has an official release date.
Larin Nixon from GameStop said: "The Last Guardian has not been cancelled by Sony as we incorrectly stated in an automated call to reservation customers. Because the game did not have a specific release date, GameStop made the decision to remove the game from our system. The Last Guardian will be reinstated for pre-order when a firm launch date is known."
GameStop gave no indication as to how they intend to secure the pre-orders lost or even how many pre-orders were affected by the mistake.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light