GameStop mistakenly tells pre-order customers The Last Guardian is cancelled
GameStop mistakenly told customers The Last Guardian in a move that may cost both GameStop and Sony money when the game finally releases.
The US games retailer explained that they made an automated call to pre-order customers stating the the game had been cancelled in error because there is still no official release date for the game as yet. They added that they will reinstate the game on the pre-order list when it has an official release date.
Larin Nixon from GameStop said: "The Last Guardian has not been cancelled by Sony as we incorrectly stated in an automated call to reservation customers. Because the game did not have a specific release date, GameStop made the decision to remove the game from our system. The Last Guardian will be reinstated for pre-order when a firm launch date is known."
GameStop gave no indication as to how they intend to secure the pre-orders lost or even how many pre-orders were affected by the mistake.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May