GameStop mistakenly tells pre-order customers The Last Guardian is cancelled
GameStop mistakenly told customers The Last Guardian in a move that may cost both GameStop and Sony money when the game finally releases.
The US games retailer explained that they made an automated call to pre-order customers stating the the game had been cancelled in error because there is still no official release date for the game as yet. They added that they will reinstate the game on the pre-order list when it has an official release date.
Larin Nixon from GameStop said: "The Last Guardian has not been cancelled by Sony as we incorrectly stated in an automated call to reservation customers. Because the game did not have a specific release date, GameStop made the decision to remove the game from our system. The Last Guardian will be reinstated for pre-order when a firm launch date is known."
GameStop gave no indication as to how they intend to secure the pre-orders lost or even how many pre-orders were affected by the mistake.
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed