Fenix Rising DLC detailed for Gears of War 3
Microsoft has revealed details of the next bundle of downloadable content that they will be launching for Gears of War 3.
Fenix Rising is another multiplayer content pack that includes five new maps for all multiplayer modes, four new multiplayer characters and the opportunity to Re-Up after reaching level 100 while keeping all other progress. The chance to Re-Up also comes with new rank colours and unlocks new weapon skins, Re-Up Plasma, Re-Up Omen and Re-Up Electric.
The new maps include Academy set in the Oracle Academy, Anvil which is set in the fortress of Anvegad at Anvil Gate, Depths set in the underwater processing centre on Azura, Escalation which is set in the old Fenix family home of Haldane Hall and The Slab also known as Jacinto Maximum Security Prison.
The new characters are Recruit Clayton, Thrashball Cole (limited edition), Savage Marauder and Savage Kantus (also limited edition).
Fenix Rising is available for 800 MS points from January the 17th or for free for those who picked up the Gears of War 3 Season Pass.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3