Sony happy with Vita day one sales in Japan
Saturday saw the release of Sony's brand new super-powered handheld, the PlayStation Vita in Japan.
While some stores in Tokyo reported queues out on the street of excited fans eager to get their hands on the Vita, the launch wasn't quite as frenzied as Sony might have hoped with other stores across Japan seeing a fairly lukewarm response to the new device.
Sony Computer Entertainment Japan president, Hiroshi Kono said: "I'm so happy to see so many people lining up for PS Vita so early in the morning. I can tell they had anxiously waited for todays launch."
The PlayStation Vita launched with 24 titles available, three times what Nintendo made available at the launch of the 3DS. The Vita is due out in the US and Europe in February of 2012.
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released