Sony happy with Vita day one sales in Japan
Saturday saw the release of Sony's brand new super-powered handheld, the PlayStation Vita in Japan.
While some stores in Tokyo reported queues out on the street of excited fans eager to get their hands on the Vita, the launch wasn't quite as frenzied as Sony might have hoped with other stores across Japan seeing a fairly lukewarm response to the new device.
Sony Computer Entertainment Japan president, Hiroshi Kono said: "I'm so happy to see so many people lining up for PS Vita so early in the morning. I can tell they had anxiously waited for todays launch."
The PlayStation Vita launched with 24 titles available, three times what Nintendo made available at the launch of the 3DS. The Vita is due out in the US and Europe in February of 2012.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey