Sony happy with Vita day one sales in Japan
Saturday saw the release of Sony's brand new super-powered handheld, the PlayStation Vita in Japan.
While some stores in Tokyo reported queues out on the street of excited fans eager to get their hands on the Vita, the launch wasn't quite as frenzied as Sony might have hoped with other stores across Japan seeing a fairly lukewarm response to the new device.
Sony Computer Entertainment Japan president, Hiroshi Kono said: "I'm so happy to see so many people lining up for PS Vita so early in the morning. I can tell they had anxiously waited for todays launch."
The PlayStation Vita launched with 24 titles available, three times what Nintendo made available at the launch of the 3DS. The Vita is due out in the US and Europe in February of 2012.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015