Sony happy with Vita day one sales in Japan
Saturday saw the release of Sony's brand new super-powered handheld, the PlayStation Vita in Japan.
While some stores in Tokyo reported queues out on the street of excited fans eager to get their hands on the Vita, the launch wasn't quite as frenzied as Sony might have hoped with other stores across Japan seeing a fairly lukewarm response to the new device.
Sony Computer Entertainment Japan president, Hiroshi Kono said: "I'm so happy to see so many people lining up for PS Vita so early in the morning. I can tell they had anxiously waited for todays launch."
The PlayStation Vita launched with 24 titles available, three times what Nintendo made available at the launch of the 3DS. The Vita is due out in the US and Europe in February of 2012.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny