Sony happy with Vita day one sales in Japan
Saturday saw the release of Sony's brand new super-powered handheld, the PlayStation Vita in Japan.
While some stores in Tokyo reported queues out on the street of excited fans eager to get their hands on the Vita, the launch wasn't quite as frenzied as Sony might have hoped with other stores across Japan seeing a fairly lukewarm response to the new device.
Sony Computer Entertainment Japan president, Hiroshi Kono said: "I'm so happy to see so many people lining up for PS Vita so early in the morning. I can tell they had anxiously waited for todays launch."
The PlayStation Vita launched with 24 titles available, three times what Nintendo made available at the launch of the 3DS. The Vita is due out in the US and Europe in February of 2012.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below