Skyrim ships 10 million copies worldwide
Bethesda has announced that their VGA Game of the Year award winning RPG The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has shipped 10 million copies across the globe.
Since its release on November the 11th Skyrim has notched up numerous critical accolades and 650 million USD in sales which is no mean achievement given that it launched the same week as Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3.
Valve has also confirmed that Skyrim has become the fastest-selling game in the history of their Steam digital platform.
Director of Business Development at Valve, Jason Holtman said: "Skyrim is the fastest selling title in Steam's history. Bethesda's commitment to and understanding of the PC as a gaming platform shows in the great review scores, spectacular launch, and continued high player numbers that Skyrim has received. We are delighted that Bethesda chose to use Steamworks to support Skyrim both at retail and digitally."
The VGA Game of the Year award makes it the third big RPG release from Bethesda to receive the accolade alongside The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in 2006 and Fallout 3 in 2008.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer