Skyrim ships 10 million copies worldwide
Bethesda has announced that their VGA Game of the Year award winning RPG The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has shipped 10 million copies across the globe.
Since its release on November the 11th Skyrim has notched up numerous critical accolades and 650 million USD in sales which is no mean achievement given that it launched the same week as Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3.
Valve has also confirmed that Skyrim has become the fastest-selling game in the history of their Steam digital platform.
Director of Business Development at Valve, Jason Holtman said: "Skyrim is the fastest selling title in Steam's history. Bethesda's commitment to and understanding of the PC as a gaming platform shows in the great review scores, spectacular launch, and continued high player numbers that Skyrim has received. We are delighted that Bethesda chose to use Steamworks to support Skyrim both at retail and digitally."
The VGA Game of the Year award makes it the third big RPG release from Bethesda to receive the accolade alongside The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in 2006 and Fallout 3 in 2008.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine