Skyrim ships 10 million copies worldwide
Bethesda has announced that their VGA Game of the Year award winning RPG The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has shipped 10 million copies across the globe.
Since its release on November the 11th Skyrim has notched up numerous critical accolades and 650 million USD in sales which is no mean achievement given that it launched the same week as Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3.
Valve has also confirmed that Skyrim has become the fastest-selling game in the history of their Steam digital platform.
Director of Business Development at Valve, Jason Holtman said: "Skyrim is the fastest selling title in Steam's history. Bethesda's commitment to and understanding of the PC as a gaming platform shows in the great review scores, spectacular launch, and continued high player numbers that Skyrim has received. We are delighted that Bethesda chose to use Steamworks to support Skyrim both at retail and digitally."
The VGA Game of the Year award makes it the third big RPG release from Bethesda to receive the accolade alongside The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in 2006 and Fallout 3 in 2008.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan