Skyrim ships 10 million copies worldwide
Bethesda has announced that their VGA Game of the Year award winning RPG The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has shipped 10 million copies across the globe.
Since its release on November the 11th Skyrim has notched up numerous critical accolades and 650 million USD in sales which is no mean achievement given that it launched the same week as Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3.
Valve has also confirmed that Skyrim has become the fastest-selling game in the history of their Steam digital platform.
Director of Business Development at Valve, Jason Holtman said: "Skyrim is the fastest selling title in Steam's history. Bethesda's commitment to and understanding of the PC as a gaming platform shows in the great review scores, spectacular launch, and continued high player numbers that Skyrim has received. We are delighted that Bethesda chose to use Steamworks to support Skyrim both at retail and digitally."
The VGA Game of the Year award makes it the third big RPG release from Bethesda to receive the accolade alongside The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in 2006 and Fallout 3 in 2008.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year