Skyrim ships 10 million copies worldwide
Bethesda has announced that their VGA Game of the Year award winning RPG The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has shipped 10 million copies across the globe.
Since its release on November the 11th Skyrim has notched up numerous critical accolades and 650 million USD in sales which is no mean achievement given that it launched the same week as Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3.
Valve has also confirmed that Skyrim has become the fastest-selling game in the history of their Steam digital platform.
Director of Business Development at Valve, Jason Holtman said: "Skyrim is the fastest selling title in Steam's history. Bethesda's commitment to and understanding of the PC as a gaming platform shows in the great review scores, spectacular launch, and continued high player numbers that Skyrim has received. We are delighted that Bethesda chose to use Steamworks to support Skyrim both at retail and digitally."
The VGA Game of the Year award makes it the third big RPG release from Bethesda to receive the accolade alongside The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in 2006 and Fallout 3 in 2008.
- Watch Bungie play Destiny's new Prison Of Elders mode live here tomorrow
- Fan remake of Half-Life, Black Mesa arrives on Steam Early Access
- Microsoft's acquisition of Minecraft devs Mojang was motivated by Hololens
- id Software wanted to pay modders for their work back in 1995 says John Romero
- Jason Voorhees arrives as DLC for Mortal Kombat X and he's all about the machete
- Project CARS finally pulls up to the starting grid
- Shadow Of Mordor: Game Of The Year Edition hits retail this week
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood arrives today
- Bungie and CCP run their own campaigns to aid the earthquake survivors of Nepal