PS Vita will only support one PSN account
Sony has re-confirmed that the PS Vita hardware will only support one PlayStation Network account.
Doubt over how many PSN accounts the Vita could support arose when a Sony representative told Wired that the PSN details would be linked to the Vita's memory cards and not the handheld itself.
This has been dialled back now as Sony has explained that a full factory reset will be required to change the active PSN account on the PS Vita.
A Sony statement explained: [The] PSN account is tied to the hardware and the memory card, not just the card, which means that if a second person is using your Vita, its not just a case of switching out memory cards, its clearing out all of your saved data on the Vita itself when you do the factory reset. In other words, PlayStation Vita is intended to be played by only one user.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone