Early access helps The Old Republic avoid server issues
The early access programme for Star Wars: The Old Republic seems to have helped ease the possibility of server congestion ahead of the full launch on December the 20th.
EA has 106 servers up and running so far, with 64 in North America and 42 in Europe and according to analytical firm Cowen and Company of the US servers three were running at full capacity, five were classed as very heavy, 27 were classed as heavy and 29 were running at standard.
EA remains optimistic that The Old Republic can turn a profit with as little as 500,000 subscribers even with the current trend for MMOs moving over to a free-to-play model.
While SWTOR is launching with 106 servers across the US and Europe as a frame of reference World of Warcraft currently operates 491 servers across the same regions.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey