Early access helps The Old Republic avoid server issues
The early access programme for Star Wars: The Old Republic seems to have helped ease the possibility of server congestion ahead of the full launch on December the 20th.
EA has 106 servers up and running so far, with 64 in North America and 42 in Europe and according to analytical firm Cowen and Company of the US servers three were running at full capacity, five were classed as very heavy, 27 were classed as heavy and 29 were running at standard.
EA remains optimistic that The Old Republic can turn a profit with as little as 500,000 subscribers even with the current trend for MMOs moving over to a free-to-play model.
While SWTOR is launching with 106 servers across the US and Europe as a frame of reference World of Warcraft currently operates 491 servers across the same regions.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light