Aion joins the march towards free-to-play MMO gaming
NCSoft's epic fantasy MMO Aion has become the latest big online title to ditch the subscription model and go free-to-play.
From February 2012 Aion will join the likes of Age of Conan, DC Universe Online and its comic-book stablemate City of Heroes in becoming free-to-play.
The European relaunch will be conducted in partnership with German-based MMO publisher Gameforge and will begin with the UK, France and Germany.
NCSoft hope that the free-to-play launch and partnership with Gameforge will help introduce more players to the massive world of Atreia which has expanded steadily since Aion launched in 2009.
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light
- Don't Starve gets a release date for the Wii U
- Here's the trailer for the next episode of Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Bloodborne will see DLC before the end of the year