Aion joins the march towards free-to-play MMO gaming
NCSoft's epic fantasy MMO Aion has become the latest big online title to ditch the subscription model and go free-to-play.
From February 2012 Aion will join the likes of Age of Conan, DC Universe Online and its comic-book stablemate City of Heroes in becoming free-to-play.
The European relaunch will be conducted in partnership with German-based MMO publisher Gameforge and will begin with the UK, France and Germany.
NCSoft hope that the free-to-play launch and partnership with Gameforge will help introduce more players to the massive world of Atreia which has expanded steadily since Aion launched in 2009.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side