Stalker studio could face closure
Ukranian outfit, GSC Game World, may be on the brink of closure if the latest reports prove to be true.
The studio, which is responsible for the critically acclaimed Stalker FPS series on the PC after suggesting that "nothing is certain" about its future.
The studio published a statement responding to reports on Twitter saying that it was due to close saying: "We will do our best to continue. However, at this moment, nothing is certain."
This throws into doubt the future of the 40 to 50 staff that the studio employs as well as the future of Stalker 2 which was announced in August of this year.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year