Stalker studio could face closure
Ukranian outfit, GSC Game World, may be on the brink of closure if the latest reports prove to be true.
The studio, which is responsible for the critically acclaimed Stalker FPS series on the PC after suggesting that "nothing is certain" about its future.
The studio published a statement responding to reports on Twitter saying that it was due to close saying: "We will do our best to continue. However, at this moment, nothing is certain."
This throws into doubt the future of the 40 to 50 staff that the studio employs as well as the future of Stalker 2 which was announced in August of this year.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching