Stalker studio could face closure
Ukranian outfit, GSC Game World, may be on the brink of closure if the latest reports prove to be true.
The studio, which is responsible for the critically acclaimed Stalker FPS series on the PC after suggesting that "nothing is certain" about its future.
The studio published a statement responding to reports on Twitter saying that it was due to close saying: "We will do our best to continue. However, at this moment, nothing is certain."
This throws into doubt the future of the 40 to 50 staff that the studio employs as well as the future of Stalker 2 which was announced in August of this year.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3