Platinum Games to finish Metal Gear Solid Rising
Kojima Productions has been taking some time to clear up some of the mystery surrounding the long awaited Metal Gear Solid Rising.
Firstly they have confirmed that Bayonetta and Vanquish studio, Platinum Games are taking over development of the Raiden side-story in order to get it finished. In fact, they said that the game had effectively been cancelled until Platinum Games approached Kojima Productions about the title.
Platinum Games Hideki Kamiya will not take over directing duties on the title which has also been renamed Metal Gear Solid Rising Revengeance.
They also pointed out on their official Twitter account that Rising will not be a proper title in the MGS series saying: "We've only said that the period setting is several years after MGS4. Metal Gear Rising is not part of the Metal Gear Solid series. At present, we can't say more than this."
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like