Platinum Games to finish Metal Gear Solid Rising
Kojima Productions has been taking some time to clear up some of the mystery surrounding the long awaited Metal Gear Solid Rising.
Firstly they have confirmed that Bayonetta and Vanquish studio, Platinum Games are taking over development of the Raiden side-story in order to get it finished. In fact, they said that the game had effectively been cancelled until Platinum Games approached Kojima Productions about the title.
Platinum Games Hideki Kamiya will not take over directing duties on the title which has also been renamed Metal Gear Solid Rising Revengeance.
They also pointed out on their official Twitter account that Rising will not be a proper title in the MGS series saying: "We've only said that the period setting is several years after MGS4. Metal Gear Rising is not part of the Metal Gear Solid series. At present, we can't say more than this."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3