Platinum Games to finish Metal Gear Solid Rising
Kojima Productions has been taking some time to clear up some of the mystery surrounding the long awaited Metal Gear Solid Rising.
Firstly they have confirmed that Bayonetta and Vanquish studio, Platinum Games are taking over development of the Raiden side-story in order to get it finished. In fact, they said that the game had effectively been cancelled until Platinum Games approached Kojima Productions about the title.
Platinum Games Hideki Kamiya will not take over directing duties on the title which has also been renamed Metal Gear Solid Rising Revengeance.
They also pointed out on their official Twitter account that Rising will not be a proper title in the MGS series saying: "We've only said that the period setting is several years after MGS4. Metal Gear Rising is not part of the Metal Gear Solid series. At present, we can't say more than this."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny