Platinum Games to finish Metal Gear Solid Rising
Kojima Productions has been taking some time to clear up some of the mystery surrounding the long awaited Metal Gear Solid Rising.
Firstly they have confirmed that Bayonetta and Vanquish studio, Platinum Games are taking over development of the Raiden side-story in order to get it finished. In fact, they said that the game had effectively been cancelled until Platinum Games approached Kojima Productions about the title.
Platinum Games Hideki Kamiya will not take over directing duties on the title which has also been renamed Metal Gear Solid Rising Revengeance.
They also pointed out on their official Twitter account that Rising will not be a proper title in the MGS series saying: "We've only said that the period setting is several years after MGS4. Metal Gear Rising is not part of the Metal Gear Solid series. At present, we can't say more than this."
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch