Platinum Games to finish Metal Gear Solid Rising
Kojima Productions has been taking some time to clear up some of the mystery surrounding the long awaited Metal Gear Solid Rising.
Firstly they have confirmed that Bayonetta and Vanquish studio, Platinum Games are taking over development of the Raiden side-story in order to get it finished. In fact, they said that the game had effectively been cancelled until Platinum Games approached Kojima Productions about the title.
Platinum Games Hideki Kamiya will not take over directing duties on the title which has also been renamed Metal Gear Solid Rising Revengeance.
They also pointed out on their official Twitter account that Rising will not be a proper title in the MGS series saying: "We've only said that the period setting is several years after MGS4. Metal Gear Rising is not part of the Metal Gear Solid series. At present, we can't say more than this."
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday