Namco Bandai confirms the publishing rights for The Witcher 2 on 360
The legal argument between CD Projekt and Namco Bandai over who can publish the Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 has finally been resolved.
Earlier this year THQ announced that they would be publishing the Xbox 360 version of the popular PC RPG despite Namco Bandai having published the PC version and the first title under the Atari label.
A French court has ruled that Namco Bandai and not THQ hold the right to publish the 360 version of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and CD Project has been given 15 days to draw up a publishing agreement or face a 15,000 USD fine for every day over that that an agreement is delayed.
CD Projekt CEO Marcin Iwinski said that he was "not satisfied" with the decision but he was relieved that the dispute had been resolved.
Hopefully now The Witcher 2 will meet its Q1 2012 release window on the Xbox 360.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto