Namco Bandai confirms the publishing rights for The Witcher 2 on 360
The legal argument between CD Projekt and Namco Bandai over who can publish the Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 has finally been resolved.
Earlier this year THQ announced that they would be publishing the Xbox 360 version of the popular PC RPG despite Namco Bandai having published the PC version and the first title under the Atari label.
A French court has ruled that Namco Bandai and not THQ hold the right to publish the 360 version of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and CD Project has been given 15 days to draw up a publishing agreement or face a 15,000 USD fine for every day over that that an agreement is delayed.
CD Projekt CEO Marcin Iwinski said that he was "not satisfied" with the decision but he was relieved that the dispute had been resolved.
Hopefully now The Witcher 2 will meet its Q1 2012 release window on the Xbox 360.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny