Namco Bandai confirms the publishing rights for The Witcher 2 on 360
The legal argument between CD Projekt and Namco Bandai over who can publish the Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 has finally been resolved.
Earlier this year THQ announced that they would be publishing the Xbox 360 version of the popular PC RPG despite Namco Bandai having published the PC version and the first title under the Atari label.
A French court has ruled that Namco Bandai and not THQ hold the right to publish the 360 version of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and CD Project has been given 15 days to draw up a publishing agreement or face a 15,000 USD fine for every day over that that an agreement is delayed.
CD Projekt CEO Marcin Iwinski said that he was "not satisfied" with the decision but he was relieved that the dispute had been resolved.
Hopefully now The Witcher 2 will meet its Q1 2012 release window on the Xbox 360.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One