Namco Bandai confirms the publishing rights for The Witcher 2 on 360
The legal argument between CD Projekt and Namco Bandai over who can publish the Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 has finally been resolved.
Earlier this year THQ announced that they would be publishing the Xbox 360 version of the popular PC RPG despite Namco Bandai having published the PC version and the first title under the Atari label.
A French court has ruled that Namco Bandai and not THQ hold the right to publish the 360 version of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and CD Project has been given 15 days to draw up a publishing agreement or face a 15,000 USD fine for every day over that that an agreement is delayed.
CD Projekt CEO Marcin Iwinski said that he was "not satisfied" with the decision but he was relieved that the dispute had been resolved.
Hopefully now The Witcher 2 will meet its Q1 2012 release window on the Xbox 360.
Thanks Edge Online.
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit