Giant red scorpion drafted in to tackle piracy on the PC
Serious Sam developer Croteam has adopted an interesting approach to dealing with pirate attempting to copy their latest title.
Serious Sam 3 features a rather nasty bug that plagues any illegal copies of the game and that is a giant invincible red scorpion.
Anyone who attempts to play a pirated version will be followed by the immortal red scorpion and it will block their progress no matter what they throw at it.
This is certainly a far more interesting approach to tackling piracy that the likes of Ubisoft's notorious always-on DRM.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer