2 million play the beta of Star Wars: The Old Republic
BioWare's first MMO is generating a healthy volume of interest with big number participating in the beta test.
EA CFO Eric Brown revealed to the Global Media and Communications Conference in New York that The Old Republic's beta has seen 2 million gamers participating in it including 750,000 unique visits over the Thanksgiving weekend alone.
He also added that each play logged an average play time of 12 hours over the three-day long holiday.
Star Wars: The Old Republic will make it's long-awaited arrival on PC world wide on December the 20th.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer