Wii U could be more comparable to the 360?
More rumours have emerged surrounding the processing power of Nintendo's next home console, the Wii U, which suggest that it may be on a par with the Xbox 360.
The latest reports suggest that the Wii U will be powered by a Quad Core 3 GHz IBM CPU similar to the one which powers the Xbox 360.
In an interesting aside Nintendo are also believed to be experimenting with using 768 MB and 1 GB of RAM embedded on the CPU and shared between the CPU and the GPU. The RAM is also produced by IBM.
The finished version of the Wii U is expected to be unveiled at E3 in Los Angeles this coming June.
Thanks Wii U Daily.
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
- Take-Two reports GTA V has sold over 34 million copies
- Stephen Colbert deconstructs #Gamergate last night with guest Anita Sarkeesian
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet