Wii U could be more comparable to the 360?
More rumours have emerged surrounding the processing power of Nintendo's next home console, the Wii U, which suggest that it may be on a par with the Xbox 360.
The latest reports suggest that the Wii U will be powered by a Quad Core 3 GHz IBM CPU similar to the one which powers the Xbox 360.
In an interesting aside Nintendo are also believed to be experimenting with using 768 MB and 1 GB of RAM embedded on the CPU and shared between the CPU and the GPU. The RAM is also produced by IBM.
The finished version of the Wii U is expected to be unveiled at E3 in Los Angeles this coming June.
Thanks Wii U Daily.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto