Wii U could be more comparable to the 360?
More rumours have emerged surrounding the processing power of Nintendo's next home console, the Wii U, which suggest that it may be on a par with the Xbox 360.
The latest reports suggest that the Wii U will be powered by a Quad Core 3 GHz IBM CPU similar to the one which powers the Xbox 360.
In an interesting aside Nintendo are also believed to be experimenting with using 768 MB and 1 GB of RAM embedded on the CPU and shared between the CPU and the GPU. The RAM is also produced by IBM.
The finished version of the Wii U is expected to be unveiled at E3 in Los Angeles this coming June.
Thanks Wii U Daily.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave