Wii U could be more comparable to the 360?
More rumours have emerged surrounding the processing power of Nintendo's next home console, the Wii U, which suggest that it may be on a par with the Xbox 360.
The latest reports suggest that the Wii U will be powered by a Quad Core 3 GHz IBM CPU similar to the one which powers the Xbox 360.
In an interesting aside Nintendo are also believed to be experimenting with using 768 MB and 1 GB of RAM embedded on the CPU and shared between the CPU and the GPU. The RAM is also produced by IBM.
The finished version of the Wii U is expected to be unveiled at E3 in Los Angeles this coming June.
Thanks Wii U Daily.
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims