Wii U could be more comparable to the 360?
More rumours have emerged surrounding the processing power of Nintendo's next home console, the Wii U, which suggest that it may be on a par with the Xbox 360.
The latest reports suggest that the Wii U will be powered by a Quad Core 3 GHz IBM CPU similar to the one which powers the Xbox 360.
In an interesting aside Nintendo are also believed to be experimenting with using 768 MB and 1 GB of RAM embedded on the CPU and shared between the CPU and the GPU. The RAM is also produced by IBM.
The finished version of the Wii U is expected to be unveiled at E3 in Los Angeles this coming June.
Thanks Wii U Daily.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week