IO Interactive will work on a new IP and more Hitman after Hitman: Absolution
IO Interactive has plans to begin work on a new IP once they have finished work on Hitman: Absolution.
Square Enix has opened a new studio in Montreal which will be working on a new Hitman title for next generation consoles but that doesn't mean that IO will be moving on from the series. In fact, they will roll straight on to another Hitman title as well as their new IP.
IO's Niels Jorgensen explained: "When people work on the same IP for some time, I believe that there's a sort of creative drain. Thankfully we managed to make sure we keep focusing on different IPs and keeping people fresh. We've built an incubation department whose focus is work on new IP and prototypes, and all sorts of things for existing and new IP. And that's a really interesting sort of secret place where they cook up a lot of new things."
Hitman: Absolution is due for release some time in 2012.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny