IO Interactive will work on a new IP and more Hitman after Hitman: Absolution
IO Interactive has plans to begin work on a new IP once they have finished work on Hitman: Absolution.
Square Enix has opened a new studio in Montreal which will be working on a new Hitman title for next generation consoles but that doesn't mean that IO will be moving on from the series. In fact, they will roll straight on to another Hitman title as well as their new IP.
IO's Niels Jorgensen explained: "When people work on the same IP for some time, I believe that there's a sort of creative drain. Thankfully we managed to make sure we keep focusing on different IPs and keeping people fresh. We've built an incubation department whose focus is work on new IP and prototypes, and all sorts of things for existing and new IP. And that's a really interesting sort of secret place where they cook up a lot of new things."
Hitman: Absolution is due for release some time in 2012.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone