IO Interactive will work on a new IP and more Hitman after Hitman: Absolution
IO Interactive has plans to begin work on a new IP once they have finished work on Hitman: Absolution.
Square Enix has opened a new studio in Montreal which will be working on a new Hitman title for next generation consoles but that doesn't mean that IO will be moving on from the series. In fact, they will roll straight on to another Hitman title as well as their new IP.
IO's Niels Jorgensen explained: "When people work on the same IP for some time, I believe that there's a sort of creative drain. Thankfully we managed to make sure we keep focusing on different IPs and keeping people fresh. We've built an incubation department whose focus is work on new IP and prototypes, and all sorts of things for existing and new IP. And that's a really interesting sort of secret place where they cook up a lot of new things."
Hitman: Absolution is due for release some time in 2012.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto