IO Interactive will work on a new IP and more Hitman after Hitman: Absolution
IO Interactive has plans to begin work on a new IP once they have finished work on Hitman: Absolution.
Square Enix has opened a new studio in Montreal which will be working on a new Hitman title for next generation consoles but that doesn't mean that IO will be moving on from the series. In fact, they will roll straight on to another Hitman title as well as their new IP.
IO's Niels Jorgensen explained: "When people work on the same IP for some time, I believe that there's a sort of creative drain. Thankfully we managed to make sure we keep focusing on different IPs and keeping people fresh. We've built an incubation department whose focus is work on new IP and prototypes, and all sorts of things for existing and new IP. And that's a really interesting sort of secret place where they cook up a lot of new things."
Hitman: Absolution is due for release some time in 2012.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer