IO Interactive will work on a new IP and more Hitman after Hitman: Absolution
IO Interactive has plans to begin work on a new IP once they have finished work on Hitman: Absolution.
Square Enix has opened a new studio in Montreal which will be working on a new Hitman title for next generation consoles but that doesn't mean that IO will be moving on from the series. In fact, they will roll straight on to another Hitman title as well as their new IP.
IO's Niels Jorgensen explained: "When people work on the same IP for some time, I believe that there's a sort of creative drain. Thankfully we managed to make sure we keep focusing on different IPs and keeping people fresh. We've built an incubation department whose focus is work on new IP and prototypes, and all sorts of things for existing and new IP. And that's a really interesting sort of secret place where they cook up a lot of new things."
Hitman: Absolution is due for release some time in 2012.
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3