3DS selling faster than the DS did
Nintendo has revealed that despite its disappointing sales performance before the price drop the 3DS has outsold its predecessor during its launch year.
The 3DS has managed to reach 2.37 million units sold in eight months, a target that the DS took 12 months to reach.
Nintendo of America's Reggie Fils-Aime said: "In sales through this past Saturday - 8 months - [the 3DS] has outsold the full 12 months of the original DS. During that 12 months time, the original DS sold 2.37 million and we just surpassed that this past Saturday, so we've got real good momentum going into the holidays."
Fils-Aime also noted that, as well as the price drop, the release of Super Mario 3D Land has helped the 3DS reach more gamers.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer