PS Vita games will be like home consoles not smartphones
Sony is aiming to provide a different kind of experience from the standard 69p smartphone gaming experience.
SCEE CEO Jim Ryan explained that Sony would be daft to ignore the smartphone sector but they are hoping to provide a much more comprehensive gaming experience than mobile gaming can provide.
Ryan explained: "It's our challenge to ensure that the gaming experience that we provide is closer to that TV console experience than it is to your 69p thing that you've downloaded on your iPhone. If we do that and we provide great value to the consumer on games like Uncharted, I think the possibility to sustain historic console type price points is there."
He stressed that the PS Vita is a gaming device first although it is capable of doing other things. He added: "Absolutely it does do other things, but it has been designed as a gaming device, and a perfectly logical consequence of that is that the gaming experiences you can have on Vita are superior to what is possible on a device that has other functionality at its heart."
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
- Take-Two reports GTA V has sold over 34 million copies
- Stephen Colbert deconstructs #Gamergate last night with guest Anita Sarkeesian
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0