Next generation of Kinect could lip read?
The latest rumours to appear surrounding Microsoft's next home console relate to advances in their Kinect technology.
It appears that the jump in accuracy between Kinect and "Kinect 2" may mean that the new generation of the camera tech may be able to read lips.
The accuracy also extends to its ability to measure facial expressions, the direction that the player is facing and even detect the pitch of the player's voices.
All this combines to add the possibility of Kinect being able to detect the player's emotional state.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3