First standalone expansion revealed for Total War: Shogun 2
SEGA and Creative Assembly have revealed the first major standalone expansion for their latest strategy epic, Total War: Shogun 2.
The new expansion, named Fall of the Samurai, gives Total War fans the chance to battle their way through the end of the samurai era in Japan as the powers of the Western world arrive in Japan.
Fall of the Samurai features a newly expanded campaign map, six new samurai clans and thirty new units in all bringing the modern gunpowder-based weaponry of America, Great Britain and France into the fray on land and at sea with units like the US Marines, British Royal Marines, artillery steamer, torpedo boats and even mighty Ironclad warships.
Total War: Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai will be available for PC from March 2012.
- Underworld Ascendant makes its Kickstarter goal with room to spare
- Rare is 30, has something special coming in recognition of the anniversary
- Destiny will get one more update before House Of Wolves arrives
- Warner Bros to bring DC MOBA Infinite Crisis to Steam
- Gabe Newell: No-one gets motion-sick with the Vive VR headset
- NPCs can now be mugged in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016