Sony still has unfinished business with the PS3
Sony's European PlayStation boss Jim Ryan has said that, with the PS3 only just hitting the 199 GBP mark, there is still plenty of unfinished business with the machine.
Despite believing the PS3 still having more to give, Ryan also said that the PS4 needs to be released around the same time as the competition.
Ryan said: "There's still a lot of unfinished business on PS3. If you look at PlayStation 2, now in excess of 150m units installed globally, a huge majority of that was done at price points of 120 or lower. [With PS3] we've only just hit 199 in the UK, so clearly there's a considerable untapped part of the market there."
It is believed that there are games in development for the successor to both the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3.
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing