Sony still has unfinished business with the PS3
Sony's European PlayStation boss Jim Ryan has said that, with the PS3 only just hitting the 199 GBP mark, there is still plenty of unfinished business with the machine.
Despite believing the PS3 still having more to give, Ryan also said that the PS4 needs to be released around the same time as the competition.
Ryan said: "There's still a lot of unfinished business on PS3. If you look at PlayStation 2, now in excess of 150m units installed globally, a huge majority of that was done at price points of 120 or lower. [With PS3] we've only just hit 199 in the UK, so clearly there's a considerable untapped part of the market there."
It is believed that there are games in development for the successor to both the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes