Sony still has unfinished business with the PS3
Sony's European PlayStation boss Jim Ryan has said that, with the PS3 only just hitting the 199 GBP mark, there is still plenty of unfinished business with the machine.
Despite believing the PS3 still having more to give, Ryan also said that the PS4 needs to be released around the same time as the competition.
Ryan said: "There's still a lot of unfinished business on PS3. If you look at PlayStation 2, now in excess of 150m units installed globally, a huge majority of that was done at price points of 120 or lower. [With PS3] we've only just hit 199 in the UK, so clearly there's a considerable untapped part of the market there."
It is believed that there are games in development for the successor to both the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One