Sony still has unfinished business with the PS3
Sony's European PlayStation boss Jim Ryan has said that, with the PS3 only just hitting the 199 GBP mark, there is still plenty of unfinished business with the machine.
Despite believing the PS3 still having more to give, Ryan also said that the PS4 needs to be released around the same time as the competition.
Ryan said: "There's still a lot of unfinished business on PS3. If you look at PlayStation 2, now in excess of 150m units installed globally, a huge majority of that was done at price points of 120 or lower. [With PS3] we've only just hit 199 in the UK, so clearly there's a considerable untapped part of the market there."
It is believed that there are games in development for the successor to both the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone