Price cut sees the 3DS install itself at the top of the Japanese charts
It seems that Nintendo's drastic price cut for the 3DS has paid off in spades in Japan at least.
Slashing the price of the 3DS has been managed to become a fixture at the top of the charts since the price cut came into effect at the end of the summer.
Nintendo's 3D handheld has managed to see off the PSP with more than double the sales last week and five times the sales this week.
This will come as a relief to Nintendo who has seen their share price plummet due to the poor launch performance of the 3DS combined with dwindling sales of the Wii.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny