Star Wars: The Old Republic may pinch up to 1 million gamers from World of Warcraft
A recent survey has shown that as many as 50 percent of online gamers intent to buy Star Wars: The Old Republic with a further 38 percent interested in BioWare's first MMO.
The survey, conducted by Peanut Labs who polled 381 of their online customers. Based on this data and competitor considerations Lazard Capital Markets made some projections on the kind of impact The Old Republic could have on the number of folks playing World of Warcraft.
According to Lazard Capital Markets' numbers World of Warcraft could lose between 900,000 and 1.6 million players to Star Wars: The Old Republic when it launches.
Star Wars: The Old Republic is due out on the PC on December the 20th promising Star Wars fans a very happy Christmas.
Thanks Develop Online.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too