Star Wars: The Old Republic may pinch up to 1 million gamers from World of Warcraft
A recent survey has shown that as many as 50 percent of online gamers intent to buy Star Wars: The Old Republic with a further 38 percent interested in BioWare's first MMO.
The survey, conducted by Peanut Labs who polled 381 of their online customers. Based on this data and competitor considerations Lazard Capital Markets made some projections on the kind of impact The Old Republic could have on the number of folks playing World of Warcraft.
According to Lazard Capital Markets' numbers World of Warcraft could lose between 900,000 and 1.6 million players to Star Wars: The Old Republic when it launches.
Star Wars: The Old Republic is due out on the PC on December the 20th promising Star Wars fans a very happy Christmas.
Thanks Develop Online.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine