Star Wars: The Old Republic may pinch up to 1 million gamers from World of Warcraft
A recent survey has shown that as many as 50 percent of online gamers intent to buy Star Wars: The Old Republic with a further 38 percent interested in BioWare's first MMO.
The survey, conducted by Peanut Labs who polled 381 of their online customers. Based on this data and competitor considerations Lazard Capital Markets made some projections on the kind of impact The Old Republic could have on the number of folks playing World of Warcraft.
According to Lazard Capital Markets' numbers World of Warcraft could lose between 900,000 and 1.6 million players to Star Wars: The Old Republic when it launches.
Star Wars: The Old Republic is due out on the PC on December the 20th promising Star Wars fans a very happy Christmas.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year