Star Wars: The Old Republic may pinch up to 1 million gamers from World of Warcraft
A recent survey has shown that as many as 50 percent of online gamers intent to buy Star Wars: The Old Republic with a further 38 percent interested in BioWare's first MMO.
The survey, conducted by Peanut Labs who polled 381 of their online customers. Based on this data and competitor considerations Lazard Capital Markets made some projections on the kind of impact The Old Republic could have on the number of folks playing World of Warcraft.
According to Lazard Capital Markets' numbers World of Warcraft could lose between 900,000 and 1.6 million players to Star Wars: The Old Republic when it launches.
Star Wars: The Old Republic is due out on the PC on December the 20th promising Star Wars fans a very happy Christmas.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO