Star Wars: The Old Republic may pinch up to 1 million gamers from World of Warcraft
A recent survey has shown that as many as 50 percent of online gamers intent to buy Star Wars: The Old Republic with a further 38 percent interested in BioWare's first MMO.
The survey, conducted by Peanut Labs who polled 381 of their online customers. Based on this data and competitor considerations Lazard Capital Markets made some projections on the kind of impact The Old Republic could have on the number of folks playing World of Warcraft.
According to Lazard Capital Markets' numbers World of Warcraft could lose between 900,000 and 1.6 million players to Star Wars: The Old Republic when it launches.
Star Wars: The Old Republic is due out on the PC on December the 20th promising Star Wars fans a very happy Christmas.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One