MechWarrior Online to be powered by CryEngine 3
Piranha Games has confirmed that they have signed a deal to build their upcoming online title MechWarrior Online using CryEngine 3.
The developer hopes to revive the popular giant robot combat title with an emphasis on customisable online combat using Crytek's cutting edge game engine.
Russ Bullock, president of Piranha said: "Working with CryEngine is a true pleasure. It is definitely the best choice for us: Both the character animation pipeline with the procedurally and physics based animations and the destruction system fit our goals perfectly and allow us to develop a truly unique AAA experience based on the award-winning BattleTech Universe."
Piranha are also recruiting for beta testing as well as giving MechWarrior fans the chance to reserve their pilot name on the game's official website.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side