MechWarrior Online to be powered by CryEngine 3
Piranha Games has confirmed that they have signed a deal to build their upcoming online title MechWarrior Online using CryEngine 3.
The developer hopes to revive the popular giant robot combat title with an emphasis on customisable online combat using Crytek's cutting edge game engine.
Russ Bullock, president of Piranha said: "Working with CryEngine is a true pleasure. It is definitely the best choice for us: Both the character animation pipeline with the procedurally and physics based animations and the destruction system fit our goals perfectly and allow us to develop a truly unique AAA experience based on the award-winning BattleTech Universe."
Piranha are also recruiting for beta testing as well as giving MechWarrior fans the chance to reserve their pilot name on the game's official website.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat