MechWarrior Online to be powered by CryEngine 3
Piranha Games has confirmed that they have signed a deal to build their upcoming online title MechWarrior Online using CryEngine 3.
The developer hopes to revive the popular giant robot combat title with an emphasis on customisable online combat using Crytek's cutting edge game engine.
Russ Bullock, president of Piranha said: "Working with CryEngine is a true pleasure. It is definitely the best choice for us: Both the character animation pipeline with the procedurally and physics based animations and the destruction system fit our goals perfectly and allow us to develop a truly unique AAA experience based on the award-winning BattleTech Universe."
Piranha are also recruiting for beta testing as well as giving MechWarrior fans the chance to reserve their pilot name on the game's official website.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3