Final Fantasy XV might just be an action-RPG
There are rumblings that Final Fantasy XV might depart from the series traditional turn-based RPG format and adopt an action approach to combat.
The producer of Final Fantasy XIII-2, Yoshinori Kitase explained that he believes it is time that the series should present something new to fans with every new title and that the popularity of the action-RPG genre was a trend that shouldn't be ignored.
He said: "I think the nature of the franchise is to present something new each time. In the global market we see many players moving away from games that used turn-based systems toward what you might term an action-RPG. That's a trend, and you ignore things like that at your peril."
Kitase-san continued: "FFXIII and FFXIII-2's battle systems have those elements of speed and action that are the key words for us, though that doesn't necessarily mean we're going to stick to the same route in our next game. That's something only time can tell."
Thanks Edge Online.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release