Final Fantasy XV might just be an action-RPG
There are rumblings that Final Fantasy XV might depart from the series traditional turn-based RPG format and adopt an action approach to combat.
The producer of Final Fantasy XIII-2, Yoshinori Kitase explained that he believes it is time that the series should present something new to fans with every new title and that the popularity of the action-RPG genre was a trend that shouldn't be ignored.
He said: "I think the nature of the franchise is to present something new each time. In the global market we see many players moving away from games that used turn-based systems toward what you might term an action-RPG. That's a trend, and you ignore things like that at your peril."
Kitase-san continued: "FFXIII and FFXIII-2's battle systems have those elements of speed and action that are the key words for us, though that doesn't necessarily mean we're going to stick to the same route in our next game. That's something only time can tell."
Thanks Edge Online.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey