Final Fantasy XV might just be an action-RPG
There are rumblings that Final Fantasy XV might depart from the series traditional turn-based RPG format and adopt an action approach to combat.
The producer of Final Fantasy XIII-2, Yoshinori Kitase explained that he believes it is time that the series should present something new to fans with every new title and that the popularity of the action-RPG genre was a trend that shouldn't be ignored.
He said: "I think the nature of the franchise is to present something new each time. In the global market we see many players moving away from games that used turn-based systems toward what you might term an action-RPG. That's a trend, and you ignore things like that at your peril."
Kitase-san continued: "FFXIII and FFXIII-2's battle systems have those elements of speed and action that are the key words for us, though that doesn't necessarily mean we're going to stick to the same route in our next game. That's something only time can tell."
Thanks Edge Online.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free