Final Fantasy XV might just be an action-RPG
There are rumblings that Final Fantasy XV might depart from the series traditional turn-based RPG format and adopt an action approach to combat.
The producer of Final Fantasy XIII-2, Yoshinori Kitase explained that he believes it is time that the series should present something new to fans with every new title and that the popularity of the action-RPG genre was a trend that shouldn't be ignored.
He said: "I think the nature of the franchise is to present something new each time. In the global market we see many players moving away from games that used turn-based systems toward what you might term an action-RPG. That's a trend, and you ignore things like that at your peril."
Kitase-san continued: "FFXIII and FFXIII-2's battle systems have those elements of speed and action that are the key words for us, though that doesn't necessarily mean we're going to stick to the same route in our next game. That's something only time can tell."
Thanks Edge Online.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes