New PEGI UK ratings delayed again
The introduction of the PEGI rating system as the UK's one and only games ratings system has been delayed again.
The legislation making PEGI the UK's official games ratings system was passed as part of the 2012 Digital Economies Bill but the government has been delaying bringing the ratings in to force.
A UKIE spokesperson said: "This further delay to PEGI's implementation is extremely frustrating not to mention disappointing. We have received repeated assurances from Government that the process is in hand, yet PEGI is still no closer to implementation."
The statement continued: "It is also disappointing that a Government constantly - and quite rightly - pressuring the industry to put measures in a place to protect children - can't seem to deliver on its side of the bargain."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light