New PEGI UK ratings delayed again
The introduction of the PEGI rating system as the UK's one and only games ratings system has been delayed again.
The legislation making PEGI the UK's official games ratings system was passed as part of the 2012 Digital Economies Bill but the government has been delaying bringing the ratings in to force.
A UKIE spokesperson said: "This further delay to PEGI's implementation is extremely frustrating not to mention disappointing. We have received repeated assurances from Government that the process is in hand, yet PEGI is still no closer to implementation."
The statement continued: "It is also disappointing that a Government constantly - and quite rightly - pressuring the industry to put measures in a place to protect children - can't seem to deliver on its side of the bargain."
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive