The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim enjoys a bumper launch
Bethesda's latest epic RPG, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, has enjoyed an exceptionally good opening weekend especially considering it launched the same week as Modern Warfare 3.
Skyrim has shipped 7 million copies to retailers world wide and managed to sell over half of those copies withing the first 48 hours of its launch.
Robert Altman, the boss of Bethesda's parent ZeniMax said: "We are grateful for the fans' response to Skyrim. Todd Howard and his team at Bethesda Game Studios have crafted a very special game. Anticipation for Skyrim has surpassed any game in our company's history, and we are pleased that sales and reviews have reflected the quality and hours of amazing gameplay it provides."
Skyrim is indeed Bethesda Softwork's most ambitious project yet featuring a huge area to explore and claiming to feature 300 hours of gameplay.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III