The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim enjoys a bumper launch
Bethesda's latest epic RPG, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, has enjoyed an exceptionally good opening weekend especially considering it launched the same week as Modern Warfare 3.
Skyrim has shipped 7 million copies to retailers world wide and managed to sell over half of those copies withing the first 48 hours of its launch.
Robert Altman, the boss of Bethesda's parent ZeniMax said: "We are grateful for the fans' response to Skyrim. Todd Howard and his team at Bethesda Game Studios have crafted a very special game. Anticipation for Skyrim has surpassed any game in our company's history, and we are pleased that sales and reviews have reflected the quality and hours of amazing gameplay it provides."
Skyrim is indeed Bethesda Softwork's most ambitious project yet featuring a huge area to explore and claiming to feature 300 hours of gameplay.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey