The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim enjoys a bumper launch
Bethesda's latest epic RPG, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, has enjoyed an exceptionally good opening weekend especially considering it launched the same week as Modern Warfare 3.
Skyrim has shipped 7 million copies to retailers world wide and managed to sell over half of those copies withing the first 48 hours of its launch.
Robert Altman, the boss of Bethesda's parent ZeniMax said: "We are grateful for the fans' response to Skyrim. Todd Howard and his team at Bethesda Game Studios have crafted a very special game. Anticipation for Skyrim has surpassed any game in our company's history, and we are pleased that sales and reviews have reflected the quality and hours of amazing gameplay it provides."
Skyrim is indeed Bethesda Softwork's most ambitious project yet featuring a huge area to explore and claiming to feature 300 hours of gameplay.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny