The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim enjoys a bumper launch
Bethesda's latest epic RPG, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, has enjoyed an exceptionally good opening weekend especially considering it launched the same week as Modern Warfare 3.
Skyrim has shipped 7 million copies to retailers world wide and managed to sell over half of those copies withing the first 48 hours of its launch.
Robert Altman, the boss of Bethesda's parent ZeniMax said: "We are grateful for the fans' response to Skyrim. Todd Howard and his team at Bethesda Game Studios have crafted a very special game. Anticipation for Skyrim has surpassed any game in our company's history, and we are pleased that sales and reviews have reflected the quality and hours of amazing gameplay it provides."
Skyrim is indeed Bethesda Softwork's most ambitious project yet featuring a huge area to explore and claiming to feature 300 hours of gameplay.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015