Microsoft hints that cloud gaming is the future of the Xbox
Microsoft's Brian Prince has used his appearance at this year's GDC China to drop some tantalising hints on the future of the Xbox platform.
Prince indicated that cloud gaming services similar to those run by OnLive an Gaikai are on their way to the Xbox adding that the distant future of gaming lies in the cloud.
He teased further saying: "you will be seeing things in the Xbox platform that's cloud-specific. I'm already doing it, it's really exciting, but I can't tell you about it or else I'll get fired."
Numerous rumours are circulating on when the next Xbox will first surface but it is seeming more and more likely that nothing will be properly announced until 2013 although some sources indicate that it could appear at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas in January.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow producer Dave Cox parts ways with Konami
- Xenoblade Chronicles coming to the New 3DS
- Deep Silver teases a devilish Saints Row V reveal
- Nintendo announces two brand new upgraded 3DS models
- Microsoft announces Games With Gold selection for September
- IGDA Board Of Directors calls for the community to rally against attacks, threats and harassment of developers
- Square Enix reveals what they've added in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in the latest trailer
- New Lords Of The Fallen trailer introduces the game world and soundtrack
- Jonathan Blow responds to the last couple of weeks nastiness in his own honest fashion