Microsoft hints that cloud gaming is the future of the Xbox
Microsoft's Brian Prince has used his appearance at this year's GDC China to drop some tantalising hints on the future of the Xbox platform.
Prince indicated that cloud gaming services similar to those run by OnLive an Gaikai are on their way to the Xbox adding that the distant future of gaming lies in the cloud.
He teased further saying: "you will be seeing things in the Xbox platform that's cloud-specific. I'm already doing it, it's really exciting, but I can't tell you about it or else I'll get fired."
Numerous rumours are circulating on when the next Xbox will first surface but it is seeming more and more likely that nothing will be properly announced until 2013 although some sources indicate that it could appear at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas in January.
Thanks Develop Online.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey