We can squeeze more out of the Xbox 360 if we get creative says Cliffy B
Epic's Cliff Bleszinski reckons that developers will still be able to find plenty of performance out of the Xbox 360.
The creative head of Epic pointed out that, with a little bit of effort and some creative use of code, the Xbox 360 is still capable of producing even better graphics than we have seen on the likes of Gears of War 3 and Rage so far this year.
Bleszinski explained: "With creative programming you can squeeze anything out of any given platform. Go back to the demo scene where these guys would take a 286 PC and in 38k make a demo that rivalled the most triple-A game of the time. It's just a matter of code magic, time and effort. I don't know how much longer the 360 will be around, but I'm sure that if we have a product coming out before the end of [its] lifecycle we'll continue to try and squeeze more water from that stone."
"We're kind of at that point where in the SNES [days] they started using Mode 7 in ways you never expected," he added. "We're now at at the point where it's not learning how to use the hardware, it's learning to trick the hardware into doing what you want it to do. The first thing I was ecstatic about was the new lightingwe're at the point where an artist can just let the lighting breathe, a nice brick wall can just be a nice brick wall; it doesn't need 8000 pipes layered on it."
Thanks Edge Online.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey