PSN version of Joe Danger felt unfinished says Murray
Hello Games founder Sean Murray has spoken of their relief at getting a chance to port Joe Danger over to the Xbox 360.
Murray revealed that when they released Joe Danger on the PSN they had just run out of money and they felt that the game wasn't quite finished the way they would have wanted. He added that the XBLA version has been a great opportunity for them to revisit their PSN hit to polish it up and iron out some of the wrinkles that they had left in when it released originally.
Murray explained: "We loved the game, the original Joe Danger, but we'd released it just because we kind of ran out of money, we didn't really feel like it was finished. I don't think most teams would feel this way, but we actually jumped at the chance to revisit it and fix everything that was wrong."
He continued: "It's been a really cathartic process, to go back. We've watched all these hundreds of thousands of PS3 players ply through now, we've gathered stats and things like that. It kind of eats you up, the problems that you know you left there, the things you know you left unfinished. We jumped at the chance without even thinking about the economics of it. XBLA is obviously a very large market, I think it makes business sense for us. I hope that players respond to it. I think we do what we've always done before, which is to make the best game we can and hope that everything else falls into place."
Joe Danger Special Edition will hit XBLA later on this holiday season.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light