Developer opinion: PS3 has the edge now
Several developers have stated their belief that the PS3 now has the hardware advantage over the Xbox 360.
Square Enix's technical director Julian Merceron and Team Ninja's Yosuke Hayashi both reckon that the PlayStation 3 now has a definite advantage over the Xbox 360 now as long as developers spend a bit of extra time to make use of the PS3's extra power.
Merceron enthused: "Some consumers could have gotten the feeling in 2006/2007 that graphically Xbox 360 games were more advanced, but today it is quite different in fact! Personally, Id say that on PS3 I believe there are some major improvements that can still be done, taking advantage of parallelisation and using more of the CPU for graphics tasks. At the end of current home Console life cycle, it is very possible consumers might get the feeling PS3 is slightly ahead of Xbox 360 in terms of graphics, but it will only happen if developers dedicate time to really push things on PS3!"
Hayashi agreed adding: "PS3 came out a year later than the X360. Because of its later arrival, I would say that the PS3 has a slight advantage in performance."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light