Silicon Knights slashes staff
Canadian studio Silicon Knights has confirmed rumours that they have been forced to lay off a significant number of staff.
Initial reports pointed to the studio slashing as many as 75 jobs leaving a skeleton staff of 25 at the Too Human and Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem developer. Silicon Knights has since comfirmed that they have laid off around 43 people after negotiations with a potential partner fell through.
A spokesperson announced: "Last week Silicon Knights experienced layoffs due to extended contract negotiations falling through with a potential partner. We are currently in discussions with other potential partners. The recent Ontario government funding is tied to future performance targets, spread out over the next 5 years, which we will meet... The company is currently refocusing and returning to its roots, working on one of its most requested titles for the next generation."
Hopefully this means that they will be focusing on a follow up to Eternal Darkness for the as-yet unannounced next-gen consoles. We also hope that those out of a job will find employment again speedily.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey