Silicon Knights slashes staff
Canadian studio Silicon Knights has confirmed rumours that they have been forced to lay off a significant number of staff.
Initial reports pointed to the studio slashing as many as 75 jobs leaving a skeleton staff of 25 at the Too Human and Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem developer. Silicon Knights has since comfirmed that they have laid off around 43 people after negotiations with a potential partner fell through.
A spokesperson announced: "Last week Silicon Knights experienced layoffs due to extended contract negotiations falling through with a potential partner. We are currently in discussions with other potential partners. The recent Ontario government funding is tied to future performance targets, spread out over the next 5 years, which we will meet... The company is currently refocusing and returning to its roots, working on one of its most requested titles for the next generation."
Hopefully this means that they will be focusing on a follow up to Eternal Darkness for the as-yet unannounced next-gen consoles. We also hope that those out of a job will find employment again speedily.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release