Silicon Knights slashes staff
Canadian studio Silicon Knights has confirmed rumours that they have been forced to lay off a significant number of staff.
Initial reports pointed to the studio slashing as many as 75 jobs leaving a skeleton staff of 25 at the Too Human and Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem developer. Silicon Knights has since comfirmed that they have laid off around 43 people after negotiations with a potential partner fell through.
A spokesperson announced: "Last week Silicon Knights experienced layoffs due to extended contract negotiations falling through with a potential partner. We are currently in discussions with other potential partners. The recent Ontario government funding is tied to future performance targets, spread out over the next 5 years, which we will meet... The company is currently refocusing and returning to its roots, working on one of its most requested titles for the next generation."
Hopefully this means that they will be focusing on a follow up to Eternal Darkness for the as-yet unannounced next-gen consoles. We also hope that those out of a job will find employment again speedily.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year