Mists of Pandaria, the next World of Warcraft expansion revealed
Blizzard has revealed details of their next planned expansion for their world dominating MMO.
The Mists of Pandaria will add a new realm uncovered by the world shaking events of Cataclysm and bring a whole new race, the Pandaren into the mix.
The Pandaren will be playable along with a new Monk class bringing a distinct Oriental flavour to Azeroth.
As well as a new race, class and the new realm to explore, the level cap will be lifted to 90, new co-operative scenarios will be added as well as new dungeon challenge modes, a Pet Battles tactical minigame and players can be customised with a new revamped talent system.
Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime said: "Players have been asking to see the Pandaren in World of Warcraft since the game's launch, and we're excited to finally be able to give them a proper re-introduction to Azeroth. In addition to the new playable race and class, Mists of Pandaria contains a huge amount of new content, and we're looking forward to sharing more information about all of it at BlizzCon and beyond."
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One