Mists of Pandaria, the next World of Warcraft expansion revealed
Blizzard has revealed details of their next planned expansion for their world dominating MMO.
The Mists of Pandaria will add a new realm uncovered by the world shaking events of Cataclysm and bring a whole new race, the Pandaren into the mix.
The Pandaren will be playable along with a new Monk class bringing a distinct Oriental flavour to Azeroth.
As well as a new race, class and the new realm to explore, the level cap will be lifted to 90, new co-operative scenarios will be added as well as new dungeon challenge modes, a Pet Battles tactical minigame and players can be customised with a new revamped talent system.
Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime said: "Players have been asking to see the Pandaren in World of Warcraft since the game's launch, and we're excited to finally be able to give them a proper re-introduction to Azeroth. In addition to the new playable race and class, Mists of Pandaria contains a huge amount of new content, and we're looking forward to sharing more information about all of it at BlizzCon and beyond."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3