FIFA 12 outsold PES 2012 by 25 to 1 says EA
While FIFA 12 has enjoyed a meteoric release this year, EA reckons that they've wiped the floor with the competition.
General manager of EA for Northern Europe, Keith Ramsdale reckons that FIFA 12's sales figures have put their nearest rival, Konami's PES 2012 to shame, out selling it by 25 to 1.
Ramsdale explained: "FIFA went out just a couple of weekends ago. We had record pre-orders and record sell-through. And when you look at Pro Evolution Soccer versus FIFA, only five years ago in the UK PES was outselling FIFA. On its first weekend like-for-like we've just outsold PES by 25 times. That's a sign of the momentum and the fanbase and community behind FIFA, and let's be clear, an absolutely kick-a**e game. It's unbelievable."
Ramsdale didn't given any figures to back up his claim but FIFA 12 did become the fastest-selling football game of all time when it released on September the 30th while PES 2012 only managed to reach 5th in the charts after its release last Friday.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer