FIFA 12 outsold PES 2012 by 25 to 1 says EA
While FIFA 12 has enjoyed a meteoric release this year, EA reckons that they've wiped the floor with the competition.
General manager of EA for Northern Europe, Keith Ramsdale reckons that FIFA 12's sales figures have put their nearest rival, Konami's PES 2012 to shame, out selling it by 25 to 1.
Ramsdale explained: "FIFA went out just a couple of weekends ago. We had record pre-orders and record sell-through. And when you look at Pro Evolution Soccer versus FIFA, only five years ago in the UK PES was outselling FIFA. On its first weekend like-for-like we've just outsold PES by 25 times. That's a sign of the momentum and the fanbase and community behind FIFA, and let's be clear, an absolutely kick-a**e game. It's unbelievable."
Ramsdale didn't given any figures to back up his claim but FIFA 12 did become the fastest-selling football game of all time when it released on September the 30th while PES 2012 only managed to reach 5th in the charts after its release last Friday.
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent
- New video gives a sneak peek at Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below