FIFA 12 outsold PES 2012 by 25 to 1 says EA
While FIFA 12 has enjoyed a meteoric release this year, EA reckons that they've wiped the floor with the competition.
General manager of EA for Northern Europe, Keith Ramsdale reckons that FIFA 12's sales figures have put their nearest rival, Konami's PES 2012 to shame, out selling it by 25 to 1.
Ramsdale explained: "FIFA went out just a couple of weekends ago. We had record pre-orders and record sell-through. And when you look at Pro Evolution Soccer versus FIFA, only five years ago in the UK PES was outselling FIFA. On its first weekend like-for-like we've just outsold PES by 25 times. That's a sign of the momentum and the fanbase and community behind FIFA, and let's be clear, an absolutely kick-a**e game. It's unbelievable."
Ramsdale didn't given any figures to back up his claim but FIFA 12 did become the fastest-selling football game of all time when it released on September the 30th while PES 2012 only managed to reach 5th in the charts after its release last Friday.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III