FIFA 12 outsold PES 2012 by 25 to 1 says EA
While FIFA 12 has enjoyed a meteoric release this year, EA reckons that they've wiped the floor with the competition.
General manager of EA for Northern Europe, Keith Ramsdale reckons that FIFA 12's sales figures have put their nearest rival, Konami's PES 2012 to shame, out selling it by 25 to 1.
Ramsdale explained: "FIFA went out just a couple of weekends ago. We had record pre-orders and record sell-through. And when you look at Pro Evolution Soccer versus FIFA, only five years ago in the UK PES was outselling FIFA. On its first weekend like-for-like we've just outsold PES by 25 times. That's a sign of the momentum and the fanbase and community behind FIFA, and let's be clear, an absolutely kick-a**e game. It's unbelievable."
Ramsdale didn't given any figures to back up his claim but FIFA 12 did become the fastest-selling football game of all time when it released on September the 30th while PES 2012 only managed to reach 5th in the charts after its release last Friday.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date