FIFA 12 outsold PES 2012 by 25 to 1 says EA
While FIFA 12 has enjoyed a meteoric release this year, EA reckons that they've wiped the floor with the competition.
General manager of EA for Northern Europe, Keith Ramsdale reckons that FIFA 12's sales figures have put their nearest rival, Konami's PES 2012 to shame, out selling it by 25 to 1.
Ramsdale explained: "FIFA went out just a couple of weekends ago. We had record pre-orders and record sell-through. And when you look at Pro Evolution Soccer versus FIFA, only five years ago in the UK PES was outselling FIFA. On its first weekend like-for-like we've just outsold PES by 25 times. That's a sign of the momentum and the fanbase and community behind FIFA, and let's be clear, an absolutely kick-a**e game. It's unbelievable."
Ramsdale didn't given any figures to back up his claim but FIFA 12 did become the fastest-selling football game of all time when it released on September the 30th while PES 2012 only managed to reach 5th in the charts after its release last Friday.
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet