PS4 projects beginning at Sony studios?
Industry sources have dropped some big hints that some of Sony's internal development studios have begun work on games for the PlayStation 4.
Many of Sony's studios will be taken focusing on continuing support for the PS3 as well as helping to ensure the upcoming PS Vita has plenty of games to choose from, some studios will also be starting to put together the titles that will form the basis of the PS4's launch line-up.
The PS4 is still not expected to appear on the scene until 2014 at the earliest but they may be spurred on by the Wii U's arrival next year and the rumours of Microsoft's next home console being announced next year.
Sony has declined to comment on the rumours. In the meantime they have confirmed that the PS Vita will be released on February the 22nd in Europe, Australasia, the Middle East and North America.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3