PS4 projects beginning at Sony studios?
Industry sources have dropped some big hints that some of Sony's internal development studios have begun work on games for the PlayStation 4.
Many of Sony's studios will be taken focusing on continuing support for the PS3 as well as helping to ensure the upcoming PS Vita has plenty of games to choose from, some studios will also be starting to put together the titles that will form the basis of the PS4's launch line-up.
The PS4 is still not expected to appear on the scene until 2014 at the earliest but they may be spurred on by the Wii U's arrival next year and the rumours of Microsoft's next home console being announced next year.
Sony has declined to comment on the rumours. In the meantime they have confirmed that the PS Vita will be released on February the 22nd in Europe, Australasia, the Middle East and North America.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Paid Skyrim mods become the shortest experiment in Steam history
- Warner Bros announces Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass and Premium Edition
- New Just Cause 3 gameplay trailer features all of the destruction
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward