BioShock Vita in pre-production, may be outsourced
Irrational Games boss, Ken Levine has revealed that their proposed BioShock title for the PS Vita is still in early pre-production.
Levine said that they are still very involved in finishing off BioShock: Infinite and they won't get a chance to start work properly until that's all done and dusted. He confessed that they may even have to outsource the Vita game's development.
He explained: "I think for us, the idea we have is a really good expression on a platform like that [Vita]. It's a different goal. And it has to sort of have its own voice in the franchise. If it just feels like a quieter voice in the franchise, I don't think that works. For us. I think there's room for every kind of game and every kind of approach. But just for what we do. That's not to say I won't play a lot of those games. I'd love to have that kind of game on a handheld. I'd rather do something that's an experiment and that's a little different. And is unique for the franchise."
On outsourcing he added: "There are never enough resources to do anything, you know? We're always stretched. We have a Metacritic average of something like 88 or 89 percent. And the way you do that is you're very careful with your bets ... we made that bet and now we're very carefully proceeding to make sure that it's a game that stands tall within the franchise. To keep quality level ... I wish I could say it was easy ... it just tend to be more time consuming. It's just hard to find the right partners or the right people to hire."
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching