BioShock Vita in pre-production, may be outsourced
Irrational Games boss, Ken Levine has revealed that their proposed BioShock title for the PS Vita is still in early pre-production.
Levine said that they are still very involved in finishing off BioShock: Infinite and they won't get a chance to start work properly until that's all done and dusted. He confessed that they may even have to outsource the Vita game's development.
He explained: "I think for us, the idea we have is a really good expression on a platform like that [Vita]. It's a different goal. And it has to sort of have its own voice in the franchise. If it just feels like a quieter voice in the franchise, I don't think that works. For us. I think there's room for every kind of game and every kind of approach. But just for what we do. That's not to say I won't play a lot of those games. I'd love to have that kind of game on a handheld. I'd rather do something that's an experiment and that's a little different. And is unique for the franchise."
On outsourcing he added: "There are never enough resources to do anything, you know? We're always stretched. We have a Metacritic average of something like 88 or 89 percent. And the way you do that is you're very careful with your bets ... we made that bet and now we're very carefully proceeding to make sure that it's a game that stands tall within the franchise. To keep quality level ... I wish I could say it was easy ... it just tend to be more time consuming. It's just hard to find the right partners or the right people to hire."
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday