BioShock Vita in pre-production, may be outsourced
Irrational Games boss, Ken Levine has revealed that their proposed BioShock title for the PS Vita is still in early pre-production.
Levine said that they are still very involved in finishing off BioShock: Infinite and they won't get a chance to start work properly until that's all done and dusted. He confessed that they may even have to outsource the Vita game's development.
He explained: "I think for us, the idea we have is a really good expression on a platform like that [Vita]. It's a different goal. And it has to sort of have its own voice in the franchise. If it just feels like a quieter voice in the franchise, I don't think that works. For us. I think there's room for every kind of game and every kind of approach. But just for what we do. That's not to say I won't play a lot of those games. I'd love to have that kind of game on a handheld. I'd rather do something that's an experiment and that's a little different. And is unique for the franchise."
On outsourcing he added: "There are never enough resources to do anything, you know? We're always stretched. We have a Metacritic average of something like 88 or 89 percent. And the way you do that is you're very careful with your bets ... we made that bet and now we're very carefully proceeding to make sure that it's a game that stands tall within the franchise. To keep quality level ... I wish I could say it was easy ... it just tend to be more time consuming. It's just hard to find the right partners or the right people to hire."
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider
- Microsoft accidentally leaks a “placeholder” release date for Halo: ODST remaster
- Shipment of copies of Splatoon robbed en-route to the UK
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3