DS sells 50 million in the US
Nintendo's groundbreaking handheld has reached yet another impressive milestone in terms of sales.
The DS range has now exceeded sales of 50 million units in the US lead by resurgent sales of the 3DS following August's price drop.
As well as reaching this healthy hardware milestone Nintendo has confirmed that they have also sole 273 million copies of DS titles including 24 of the top 25 portable games of this generations.
Nintendo of America's Scott Moffitt: "The Nintendo DS forever changed the gaming landscape, and the fact that consumers continue to embrace the platform is a testament to its value and mass appeal. Our hand-held story continues with the Nintendo 3DS system, which just had its second consecutive month of growth and enters its first holiday season with a monster lineup of games, including Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7."
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree