DS sells 50 million in the US
Nintendo's groundbreaking handheld has reached yet another impressive milestone in terms of sales.
The DS range has now exceeded sales of 50 million units in the US lead by resurgent sales of the 3DS following August's price drop.
As well as reaching this healthy hardware milestone Nintendo has confirmed that they have also sole 273 million copies of DS titles including 24 of the top 25 portable games of this generations.
Nintendo of America's Scott Moffitt: "The Nintendo DS forever changed the gaming landscape, and the fact that consumers continue to embrace the platform is a testament to its value and mass appeal. Our hand-held story continues with the Nintendo 3DS system, which just had its second consecutive month of growth and enters its first holiday season with a monster lineup of games, including Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7."
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below