DS sells 50 million in the US
Nintendo's groundbreaking handheld has reached yet another impressive milestone in terms of sales.
The DS range has now exceeded sales of 50 million units in the US lead by resurgent sales of the 3DS following August's price drop.
As well as reaching this healthy hardware milestone Nintendo has confirmed that they have also sole 273 million copies of DS titles including 24 of the top 25 portable games of this generations.
Nintendo of America's Scott Moffitt: "The Nintendo DS forever changed the gaming landscape, and the fact that consumers continue to embrace the platform is a testament to its value and mass appeal. Our hand-held story continues with the Nintendo 3DS system, which just had its second consecutive month of growth and enters its first holiday season with a monster lineup of games, including Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7."
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch