DS sells 50 million in the US
Nintendo's groundbreaking handheld has reached yet another impressive milestone in terms of sales.
The DS range has now exceeded sales of 50 million units in the US lead by resurgent sales of the 3DS following August's price drop.
As well as reaching this healthy hardware milestone Nintendo has confirmed that they have also sole 273 million copies of DS titles including 24 of the top 25 portable games of this generations.
Nintendo of America's Scott Moffitt: "The Nintendo DS forever changed the gaming landscape, and the fact that consumers continue to embrace the platform is a testament to its value and mass appeal. Our hand-held story continues with the Nintendo 3DS system, which just had its second consecutive month of growth and enters its first holiday season with a monster lineup of games, including Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7."
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday