DS sells 50 million in the US
Nintendo's groundbreaking handheld has reached yet another impressive milestone in terms of sales.
The DS range has now exceeded sales of 50 million units in the US lead by resurgent sales of the 3DS following August's price drop.
As well as reaching this healthy hardware milestone Nintendo has confirmed that they have also sole 273 million copies of DS titles including 24 of the top 25 portable games of this generations.
Nintendo of America's Scott Moffitt: "The Nintendo DS forever changed the gaming landscape, and the fact that consumers continue to embrace the platform is a testament to its value and mass appeal. Our hand-held story continues with the Nintendo 3DS system, which just had its second consecutive month of growth and enters its first holiday season with a monster lineup of games, including Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7."
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May