Galactic warfare theme perfect for multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 says Hudson
Mass Effect executive producer Casey Hudson says that the all-out galactic war themes in Mass Effect 3 were ripe for co-op multiplayer.
The co-op multiplayer mode throws four players together in a special forces team to protect vital resources from the Reaper attack, with players able to choose from one of six classes and six major races in Mass Effect, Human, Drell, Asari, Turian, Krogan and Salarian.
Hudson explained: "The theme of galactic war in Mass Effect 3 presents us with the perfect opportunity to introduce multiplayer into the Mass Effect series. Multiplayer not only features amazing combat and deep customization options, but it will give players another way to help the war effort against the Reapers in the main event - the single player campaign."
Mass Effect 3 will launch on the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on March the 6th in North America and March the 9th in Europe.
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One
- Indie dev threatens Gabe Newell after a minor error at his game's Steam launch, game gets pulled from Steam
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out