Galactic warfare theme perfect for multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 says Hudson
Mass Effect executive producer Casey Hudson says that the all-out galactic war themes in Mass Effect 3 were ripe for co-op multiplayer.
The co-op multiplayer mode throws four players together in a special forces team to protect vital resources from the Reaper attack, with players able to choose from one of six classes and six major races in Mass Effect, Human, Drell, Asari, Turian, Krogan and Salarian.
Hudson explained: "The theme of galactic war in Mass Effect 3 presents us with the perfect opportunity to introduce multiplayer into the Mass Effect series. Multiplayer not only features amazing combat and deep customization options, but it will give players another way to help the war effort against the Reapers in the main event - the single player campaign."
Mass Effect 3 will launch on the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on March the 6th in North America and March the 9th in Europe.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer