Galactic warfare theme perfect for multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 says Hudson
Mass Effect executive producer Casey Hudson says that the all-out galactic war themes in Mass Effect 3 were ripe for co-op multiplayer.
The co-op multiplayer mode throws four players together in a special forces team to protect vital resources from the Reaper attack, with players able to choose from one of six classes and six major races in Mass Effect, Human, Drell, Asari, Turian, Krogan and Salarian.
Hudson explained: "The theme of galactic war in Mass Effect 3 presents us with the perfect opportunity to introduce multiplayer into the Mass Effect series. Multiplayer not only features amazing combat and deep customization options, but it will give players another way to help the war effort against the Reapers in the main event - the single player campaign."
Mass Effect 3 will launch on the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on March the 6th in North America and March the 9th in Europe.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year