Galactic warfare theme perfect for multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 says Hudson
Mass Effect executive producer Casey Hudson says that the all-out galactic war themes in Mass Effect 3 were ripe for co-op multiplayer.
The co-op multiplayer mode throws four players together in a special forces team to protect vital resources from the Reaper attack, with players able to choose from one of six classes and six major races in Mass Effect, Human, Drell, Asari, Turian, Krogan and Salarian.
Hudson explained: "The theme of galactic war in Mass Effect 3 presents us with the perfect opportunity to introduce multiplayer into the Mass Effect series. Multiplayer not only features amazing combat and deep customization options, but it will give players another way to help the war effort against the Reapers in the main event - the single player campaign."
Mass Effect 3 will launch on the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on March the 6th in North America and March the 9th in Europe.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date