Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
Respawn's community manager Abbie Heppe has been talking about their plans for Titanfall after the final piece of paid DLC, IMC Rising drops.
Heppe explained at Gamescom that they do have more game modes and other cool stuff in the pipeline for Titanfall but that they would need to wind down development to focus on other as-yet-unannounced projects.
"Alongside the paid DLC maps we have been doing free content updates, with the next one being on I think the 6th?” Heppe began. “So we do have some plans to release some more free content, we've got some cool new modes on the way. But at a certain point, we are going to have to wind down so that we can move on and do other things."
She went on, "Because we've done a lot of post launch [support], I mean - six months of updates plus, and that includes Titan Burn Cards, the Insignias for Titans, the Black Market as well as all the normal hotfixes and weapon tweaks and stuff like that, so yeah, at a certain point we've got to give some people a break and then think about where we go next."
They won't totally abandon the game as long as there are still people playing though. She added, "Obviously, if there's anything that totally breaks then yeah, we'll absolutely fix that. But we're going to have to wind down and then move on. But we still have some cool stuff in the works before that happens."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny