Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
Respawn's community manager Abbie Heppe has been talking about their plans for Titanfall after the final piece of paid DLC, IMC Rising drops.
Heppe explained at Gamescom that they do have more game modes and other cool stuff in the pipeline for Titanfall but that they would need to wind down development to focus on other as-yet-unannounced projects.
"Alongside the paid DLC maps we have been doing free content updates, with the next one being on I think the 6th?” Heppe began. “So we do have some plans to release some more free content, we've got some cool new modes on the way. But at a certain point, we are going to have to wind down so that we can move on and do other things."
She went on, "Because we've done a lot of post launch [support], I mean - six months of updates plus, and that includes Titan Burn Cards, the Insignias for Titans, the Black Market as well as all the normal hotfixes and weapon tweaks and stuff like that, so yeah, at a certain point we've got to give some people a break and then think about where we go next."
They won't totally abandon the game as long as there are still people playing though. She added, "Obviously, if there's anything that totally breaks then yeah, we'll absolutely fix that. But we're going to have to wind down and then move on. But we still have some cool stuff in the works before that happens."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3