Dust 514 easily the biggest multiplayer FPS on the market says CCP
CCP has been talking up the grand scale of their PS3-exclusive online shooter Dust 514 saying that it is an MMOFPS not just an FPS.
Executive producer, Brandon Laurino, said that players will end up coordinating battles with tens of thousands players at once.
He said: "In terms of scale, depth and volume of content, DUST 514 will easily be the biggest multiplayer FPS on the market also by virtue of being an MMOFPS, not just an FPS. Sometimes users are coordinating battles involving tens of thousands of players at once."
Laurino added on the in-game trading: "Right off the bat, we have literally thousands of in-game items built into the system; likewise, in terms of scale, youre looking at a conflict taking place across thousands of planets, so we're not just talking a dozen maps we're talking an entire universe of planets and areas of engagement within them."
Dust 514 is due out some time in 2012 only on PS3 and the events in the game will have a real effect on what happens in EVE Online. CCP also have beta planned before the game's full release.
Thanks PlayStation Blog.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May